Chapter 8

The group had finally came to the edge of where the forest and jungle met. Glancing back, she saw the boys looking-no, staring- at her, trying to figure out how she got through the impenetrable 'walls'. Of course, they've seen her go through it before, but they were never this close to the action. Making a show out of it, she waved her fingers around a little as the thick trees and vines parted. Walking forward a bit, she glanced back at the males, a small smirk adorning her face. "Are you coming, or what?"
     This made them jump into action as they quickly followed along. After getting to the other side, she waved her hands again in the same motion, letting the wall close. They continued on for a bit before coming to a clearing. Waving her hand dramatically, Y/N grew a bench and a chair across from it, spring flowers covering each.
     Motioning for them to sit, she sat down herself. The five stared at each other, Y/N studying them closely. The four men were an unusual bunch. The first was tall, probably taller than the girl who was an impressive 5'10. He wore a interesting outfit, black overalls with bandages just above his waist band and feathers sprouted from his shoulders. Though, the most peculiar thing about him was his black and white striped skin and his cone shaped nose. The man next to him wore a simple yellow hoodie, jeans, and a black ski mask. The guy next to him wore a brown jacket and a mask. The mask displayed two black, feminine eyebrows and feminine lips. The last man wore a brown jacket, goggles, and a mask of sorts.
"Are you going to stare at us all day, Miss Y/N? Or, would you like us to introduce ourselves?" The voice made the girl jump to attention.
     It was the monochromic male who said it. He hadn't sat down, and was, instead, standing at his full height. The rest were sitting patiently. Sitting up straight, she let a small smile fly onto her lips. In an amused tone, she asked, "so, what pleasure do I have to meet Slenderman's lacking lackeys?"
      The first man chuckled a bit. "I guess that's one way to ask. I'm Jack. Laughing Jack to be exact."
    "I'm Hoodie, nice to meet you..." the man in the hoodie said in a bored, muffled tone.
    "Masky" the masked man replied quickly.
     "Good afternoon ma'am, 'names Ticci Toby." The voice sounded playful. Not exactly warming though, but more like he was toying with her.
     With a nod, Y/N sat back. "I assume you're here because of dear, old Slendy. Am I correct?"
     Masky stood up. "I guess you can say he wanted us to pick something-or someone- up."
    "I'm guessing that someone is me."
    The men all nodded. "And I'm guessing" she started, "that Slendy told you that I was kidnapped by Zalgo?"
     They exchanged glances before Hoodie spoke up. "And how, exactly, did you know that?"
    Y/N sighed. "You know he's had many proxies before you, right?"
    "We never said we were-"
    "I guessed. You do seem like that type...well, except for the clown, no offense."
    With a grin on his face, Laughing Jack quickly replied, "None taken."
    "There's a reason why you've never met any of his previous subordinates." A smug smirk appeared on Y/N's face.
    The boys seemed to perk up at this, sending side glances to each other. "He sends each of them on group missions. Impossible missions. He does it to pick out the weak...well, weak for his standards. No one's ever come back. Well, that's not true. But that's besides the point. He's had 5 different generations of dwellers, 6 if we're counting the current ones, aka you. He's killed almost all of them, and, well...you guys are next." Her smirk grew into a deranged grin.
     "He's like a vampire. Killing you before stealing your powers. If you don't have any, he kills you for fun. If you're fortunate enough to get away, you fear everyday that he'll find you. You basically have a-"
     "Wait, you said that people have escaped him. Do you know them?" Toby inquired.
     Y/N rolled her eyes before answering. "If you have to know, I was one of them. The other one is a close friend of mine."
     "So there's only 2 of you?  But this doesn't make any sense. Slenderman said Zalgo kidnapped you." Masky chimed in.
     Snickering, the girl belittled his inference. "Do you really believe that? Slenderman would probably decimate him in mere seconds. He's lying to you. You and I both know that." A sly smile was soon on her face. "Especially after that incident with Jane. Killing her for no reason...what a shame."
     "Wait, how'd you-"
Tsking, she looked at her imaginary watch. "Well, look at the time. How about we continue this some other time? Perhaps tomorrow at the local cafe?"
     "Getting impatient I see. If you wanted see our human forms so badly, you could've  just asked. But, unfortunately, it won't be possible for you to see them...well, unless you come with us, that is. We'd happily show you if that were the case."
Y/N sighed as a small smile played on her lips. "Well, you can't say I didn't try.       "Perfect. Well, in my days, we didn't have no fancy computers. Well, we didn't have much of anything. You see, this was during a depression in America, March 6, 1816 was the day I met him. I was 11 at the time and running from two thugs before he found me and took me to a cave he called home. Eventually, we became 'friends'" she did air quotations, "I would visit every day and we would talk. Eventually, he started training me. As I got older, he made me his proxy. That day, I learned he didn't live in that cave. He had a big cabin far into the mountains. There I met some of his subordinates, the creepypasta. I got close to one, a boy, a year or two older than me, with magic abilities. One day, we noticed a weird pattern going on." Y/N started to frown.
     "Creepypasta started to go missing left and right. Soon, there were only 5 of us. When he sent the other 3 on a mission, we knew it was time to investigate. We trailed behind them, staying unnoticed. Finally, after a long trek through the grassy plains they were sent to, Slenderman stepped out. Killed them. Well, not before the eldest of them told us to run. So, that's excactly what we did. We ran, just barely escaping him. At the time, I was still human. The last time I encountered him was 6 years later, when I was 20. He had tracked the two of us down. He killed me, impaling me with his tendrils. If it weren't for that same boy, I'd still be dead. He revived me. We stayed together for many years before we deemed it dangerous and split up. And basically, the story ends with me telling you the story."
"How did you get the powers though?" Toby quickly inquired.
Looking down, she replied, "That's not something I'd like to share."
There was a long moment of silence Y/N began speaking again. "Well, though I highly doubt it, maybe I convinced you."
The three shook their heads. Sighing, Y/N stood up. "Well then, I guess you can leave now. I have nothing else to say real-"
     She was cut off by a hand on her wrist. "Wait. Yesterday you 'guessed' we were proxies and knew how Jane died. Don't you think that's a little suspicious?" She looked back at Masky before shaking him off.
     "If I told you how I knew, then it wouldn't be a surprise."
     "A surprise?"
     "A surprise."
     "A surprise..." Masky trailed off as he saw Y/N walk off.
     "You didn't finish your story!" Toby called out.
     Y/N slowly turned around with a small smile on her face. "So, you must be the smart one. You're right, I didn't finish it."
     Masky and Hoodie glanced at Toby before looking back at her. "Well, as you know, a creepypasta is a being that came back after either completely losing their sanity, or unrightfully dieing. I became one from the latter. So, because I was so consumed with rage, I decided to join forces with Zalgo. Unfortunately, I later realized that Zalgo was in no way stronger than Slenderman. I left him and, with the help of my friend, found this lovely place, and grew my jungle. Many years later, a town started nearby. Now, I go into town doing whatever I need to do."
"And that's where Zalgo came into the story?" Toby asked.
"Yep, that's it. But that is truly the end. Well, I guess it's time for you go. Just walk straight in any direction and the walls will open up."
     "Can we meet up in that cafe you talking about tomorrow at 12?"
     She nodded, "I guess I'll see you then."
The three nodded and began walking before they were stopped. "And you'll be paying!"

~*~

"Why didn't you tell us you were there?"
"I had strict orders not to."
"So?"
"So, I didn't feel like getting in trouble."
     Masky and Laughing Jack were in the meeting room. There was obvious tension in the room.
     "Look LJ, we're meeting at that place she was talking about the other day. If we're in a public place, we might be able to get her to feel more relaxed. Maybe get her to come with us. It's our only chance. Are you coming?"
     Jack thought about it for a bit before answering. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt...But, this is strictly businesses."
"Of course it is. But you see, I have a plan to get her for sure. If we do this right, we should have her around this time tomorrow."

~*~

The night was dark but beautiful. Glowing mushrooms lit up a path as the trees and water around her shined brightly. The air was warm with a hint of moisture and the full moon was big and golden. The fireflies soon came to welcome her, dancing all around her. With her short, flowing nightgown, she walked across the ground with bare feet. She knew this would be destroyed one day, but that didn't get her hopes down. And it never would.

~1064 words~

~1070 words~