Prologue

MAY 6TH 2000

"Don't worry Aubrey, your daughter will come back a whole new person." A man states while crossing his arms, Aubrey takes a deep breath while looking to her new baby, Jessica, who sleeps by her bedside.

"And she won't remember a thing? You'll come for her when she turns four?" The women demands, he nods.

"The exact day." The man nods, Aubrey gulps before turning back to the man.

"Fine but she must be back by my side the day she turns ten, without any memory of what you have done." She finally agrees.

"Consider it done." The man smiles while lifting her hand and kissing the back.

"How can I trust you? How do I know that she will be returned to me?" Aubrey demands.

"We never go back on our deals." The man states as he stands and walks to the door. "And that is a promise."

FOUR YEARS LATER

"Mommy, don't let the mean man take me away." A little Jessica cries as the same man lifts her up, Aubrey's face stays emotionless as she puts the suitcase in the back of the sleek black car. "He's going to hurt me, mommy! Don't let him!" 

"Take care of her." Aubrey orders as the man forces the girl into the back of the car, he closes the car door and her sobs are immediately cut off. "I don't want a scratch when she comes back."

"Tsk tsk tsk. That wasn't part of the deal Aubrey, we can bring her back in any condition we want." The man snarls before pushing past the women and walking to the drivers seat, Aubrey opens her mouth to say something but the man cuts her off and shuts the door. She watches her daughter bang on the back window as he drives the black car away, regret washing over her as it turns the corner and disappears from her vision.