Chapter Twenty Eight

Naeva's Point of View

I was currently reading a book after I cleaned up the mess in the kitchen, enjoying the peace, since everyone else was doing something.

"Ouch! That little!" I heard someone telling from the kitchen, so in a flash, I dropped my book and ran into the kitchen, bouncing into Amara on my way, to see what had happened.

There was Rain holding a bleeding hand over the sink, while muttering curse words.

"What happened to you?" I asked, actually concerned about her for once.

"That little rat of a child of yours was playing with a knife, so I told her to put it away. Instead she threw it at me, which nearly cut my finger off." Well she's lucky, but she was actually concerned when Amara was playing with the knife? Guess she has a soft spot for children.

"Oh um, she is in a bad mood and she sorta have a very bad temper," I said looking for words to say.

She just continued washing her hands cursing every second.

"Want me to get you a bandage?" I was actually willing to help her seeing as she isn't such a bad person after all.

"It will heal. I am a werewolf after all," she said in a duh tone. Boom, the attitude is back again like it was never gone.

"Just trying to be nice," I whispered, while going back to continue reading my book. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw an emotion flash through her eyes as she continued washing her hand.

I met a few of the pack members just chatting about something interesting in the hallway, but, I just quickly passed by them, and continued on my way to my room, wondering when my new pack can go back.

Ooh, that rhymed.

Just as I was about to enter my room, I suddenly felt cold. My body was frozen. I tried reaching out for the door knob but it was no use I felt.

I felt the power. His power. He's here.

Hey guys! How are things going. The chapter is short, I know, but I wanted to update but I have been very busy with school and home work. Updates may be very slow and short, so sorry.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the story so far... Bye, gotta go :(