Chapter 37

Manicured Nails and Window Kisses

"Wow, not even smart enough for a verbal comeback," I glared at her, balling my hands into fists as I willed myself to remain calm. "Your head is probably as thick as your make-up. So, brick-like, I'd say."

Now, I really don't know what made me say this. But I really had to say something so there wouldn't be the opportunity for her to say something that would trigger my anger (aka stuff about my mom). But I didn't predict that she'd hurtle herself towards me, clawing at my face and hair. I tried to stop her, to restrain her but it was to no avail. The few people who were around us were already cheering us on. Clearly they weren't any help, either. There was a sudden burning on the side of my cheek as I felt her long manicured nails scrape the skin there.

And there we go- snap. If you can't stop them, join them, right? I grabbed her arm and twisted it around her back so she couldn't hit me anymore. She tried to kick me from behind but her skin-tight skanky dress didn't allow it. She slipped and fell forwards and I landed on top of her, restraining her. But just then, I felt a hand at the back of my dress, jerking me up.

"Yo, Proud, get the fuck off my girl," it was Tyler. His big fist was bunched into material at the back of my dress, catching my hair in the process.. "Wes, get your crazy da-"

But before he could finish his sentence, Wes was already behind Tyler, shoving him off me. I heard the music suddenly being turned down as everyone watched on. I hadn't realised our crowd had exponentially increased.

"Get the fuck of my girl, Ty," Wes glared at him. He turned to me, his tone was slightly aloof. "Are you okay, Kitty?"

I nodded, readjusting my dress as I straightened up.

"She attacked me, it was so scary," Bridgette sat up, simpering up at Wes as she pointed at me accusingly.

"Bro, this chick's a fucking psycho, why the fuck did you invite her?" Julian made his way through the crowd to help Bridgette up, brushing the back of her dress off. It was obvious what he was doing when he gave her ass a few pats.

What we weren't expecting next was when Wes punched Julian in the face and sneered at him, "The psycho you're insulting is my girlfriend, Jules."

"That's why you've been AWOL?!" Julian shouted incredulously, wiping his nose with his sleeve. I saw a few beads of my blood on his dress shirt. "Over a fucking girl?"

"She's not just any girl," Wes glared at him, holding his stance.

"Bro, you are fucking pathetic," Tyler laughed derisively. "So whipped."

"I'd rather be whipped than have my girlfriend cheating on me everyday," he spat at him, sneering at Bridgette.

"The fuck you say?" now Tyler was really pissed off.

"Yeah, your girlfriend- she's been sleeping around," Wes sneered. "She slept with me like over a month ago. And with quite a few others, too. Right, Jules? And you've been together for like, what, a year now?"

And with that, Tyler launched himself at Wes, landing a punch in the gut. Wes recoiled while Julian looked on guiltily.

"Bro, I think you should lea-," Julian moved to grab Wes' arm before he could hit Tyler back.

But Wes pushed him off at the same time I ran up to them. It seemed bad timing was on my side today. I ran right in the middle of a punch from Tyler that was aimed at Wes. His fist caught me on my shoulder as I fell off balance. All the boys retracted but Wes who caught me before I fell to the ground.