40. You do

I held the bottle of whiskey to my lips and drank the last drops of the liquid which burnt my insides.
Nothing could quench my thirst or numb me and yet I drank.

My phone rung continuously in one corner of the room. The ringing voice made my head throbe more and it started to get really annoying. Cursing and inching my way towards the corner of the I grabbed my phone almost about to cut the call when I saw the name.
I answered it.

"What is it ..Jake?"

"Are you going to coming to office today?"

"I'll drop by."

"Zylen are you alright?"

"Yeah."

I cut the call stumbling on the edge of the bed I sat down on the floor clutching my head. It wasn't the whisky.
Looking up to ceiling it seemed to move a bit I didn't know why.
I wasn't sure if I had drunk only whiskey.
It wasn't enough.
Like hell drinking could make me forget. At this point I could bear anything but this. Never in my life I cared about something so much. And yet she brushed it off. What was her problem? I could provide her with anything. Anything!
Is she greedy for more?
No she isn't. She was way too proud to be greedy. She is stubborn I know that.
I admit I had done some things to offend her.
Okay a lot.
But what really ticked her off?
This is maddening.

"Stupid business deal. Stupid marriage. Stupid girl. Stupid fucked up me for hoping. Never should have been born a Marc wouldn't have to go through with this deal wouldn't have met her."

I closed my eyes. I had a feeling that even if it weren't the deal she would have still haunted me.
Somehow she would worm her way through in my life. I was so confident about that.
I still hoped for her to come back. I wish I wouldn't have been such an ass to her in the beginning. I really wanted her with me.
I went towards the cabinet for more. All I could find was empty bottles. I closed the cabinet door carefully mildly banging on it with my knuckle.
I need treatment.

A familiar melodious tone rung through the entire house. I wasn't expecting anybody besides Margaret. She was supposed to come since this week .About time she did. I really needed her coffee.

Opening the door, I almost sung her name when I stopped.
"Marr...."

She looked different.
Really different.

"I uh..."

I blinked twice. It wasn't Margaret.It was Tiffany.
In a white dress.Her wedding dress. Her hair side parted tucked behind her ear. The silver chain gleaming in her mild cleavage. She was fidgeting with her dress too much. She held something in her left hand but the fold of her dress hid it from me.

She attempted three times to speak up but all those three times she froze whenever she looked into my eyes. She paled way too much. She looked sick.

"Tiffany are you-?"

"I am fine thank you."
She said with a shaky breath.
"Have you been drinking?"
Her nose scrunched.

Shit.

"Yes ...I was ..I am sorry."

"Saw the news you landed a big deal. You're celebrating. You have company. I am intruding..so sorry."
She stepped back and turned away to leave.

"I don't have company!"
I almost screamed it out.
Frightened by my sudden exclamation she dropped the thing from her hand.
It opened to random page, the ribbon whipping out of it.
The diary.

She read it.

Shit.

My eyes wide in shock and embarrassment. She bloody read it!
I immediately started preparing a long lecture of how drunk I was while writing it and even a longer detail of my apologies for ruining her diary.
Damn what was I thinking?
I was going to be sued.
Neither of us dared to say word for a minute.
She bent over and picked it up