2.0

I've never talked to this guy before.

All I know about him is that we were on the same class since sophomore year of high school and that he has always been sitting on the back side of the room. Maybe that's why we never talked, because I would always sit on the front with Yuri since I always wanted to pay attention to lectures.

Yoongi has...well, a different set of friends compared to mine.

They are the type where they just go to school just because it is required, and I also heard that he's not even going into prep school but instead he is in a basketball club.

I groaned silently as soon as the thoughts played in my mind, because I already know what's going to happen. It's the basic thing.

In a group or in a partnership, there is always one person who would give the most effort.

And that would obviously be me.

After the teacher has partnered everyone's names to another, the students got up from their seats, and talked to their assigned partners. I glance back to where Yoongi was sitting, and he was looking at me already, making me jerk my look away from him.

"Go talk to your partner." Yuri says as she pokes my arm.

"Fine." I sigh, remembering that once again, this small meeting of ours would be nothing but useless.

Yuri smiles and walks away to talk to her partner, and as lucky as she is, she's partnered up with the most intelligent person in our class last year.

I stand up and turn to find Yoongi through the people who are standing, but as I shift my look onto his chair, he's already gone.

See? He already bailed.

I knew it, i'll be doing this alone. By myself.

Do I really need to have a partner for this project? It seems pretty simple to me.

Maybe I can ask the teacher later if I could work on it alone.

"Hey," a voice behind me greets. "so I guess we're partners."

I turn around and see Yoongi standing in front me, his hair almost covering his eyes. I also just noticed how pale and flawless his skin looks.

"I guess we are." I smile.

Hm, maybe he's not as bad as I thought he was.

Silence. He didn't reply after what I said, leaving us in this awkward space where I don't know what to say, or if I should say something. He looks around the room, clicking his tongue as he does and I just can already tell that he's feeling the same way.

"So, um." I started, making his eyes look back at me. "What do you want to do about the project?"

He shakes his head as he chuckled slightly.

Did I say something wrong?

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." He chuckles again. "It's just that, we have such a long time to be planning this now."

Oh, no. This is not a good sign.

You see, I already had hope that maybe, just maybe, he was not as depending on others as I thought he was, or even worse, a procrastinator.

But nope. That sentence just proved me that I was right.

"Yoongi, this is a final course project." I frustratingly explain to him, "This is not something we should set aside just becau-"

"Look, Eunji." He abruptly says, making me not finish my sentence. "If you want to go started then go ahead. But as for me, I don't want to do it yet."

"But, how can I start if I don't know what to do yet?"

"Your guess is as good as mine."

And with that, he walks away to the back of the room to sit on his chair, popping out his earphones from his pocket and plugging them into his ears.

He leans back against the chair and  gives me a final look before he closes his eyes, bobbing his head to the music.

Weirdo.