Brother's Quarrel

*3rd Person*

It is mid afternoon when Klaus awakes, Elijah calmly stand by the door leaning against the wall.

"I assume everything is well then?" Elijah questions, causing his brother's eyes meet his.

Klaus get to his feet, the events of last night hazy. "What happened Elijah?"

Elijah cross his arms standing up straight. "It seems that your little friend was more help than you thought."

"Serena was here? I told you not to contact her."

"Yes but that was almost a week and a half ago."

"That's not the point, I could have hurt her!"

"She came here of her own free will." Elijah states, a glint of amusement in his eyes.

"And what lies did you say to get her here?!" Klaus questions.

Elijah glares at his brother. "She called you, I answer."

"And what? You told her of my turmoil, asked for her assistance?"

"I said nothing of the sorts."

"So I am just suppose to believe she came here of her own freewill."

"That is exactly what happened Niklaus." Elijah states forcefully. "In fact she was so worried for your well being she asked Jared to bring her here."

"Lies." Klaus hisses.

"If you choose to ignore the things right in front of your face then you're more dense then I thought. Is it so hard to believe that someone might actually care for you?"

Klaus shakes his head. "Not her." 

"And why not? Why couldn't someone like Serena care for someone like you?"

"Because of who she is!" He shouts in his face. "Because of what I am! Do you honestly think a human could ever care for something such as ourselves!? The creatures we are!"

Elijah's brown eyes bore into his blue ones. "There are very few compassionate people left in this world Niklaus, and you just so happened to stumble across one. Do not throw that away because of your insecurities."