Chapter #51

Song: How long will I love you by Ellie Goulding

Combing my hair after a shower, my eyes stopped on the red mark on my neck and I unconsciously trace my fingers on it as yesterday nights event flashed into my head again. There was hardly a moment when I could forget about this mark or the person who gave me the mark. And the most bothersome thing was Moosa's gaze. The way he kept looking at me before leaving for work, with a smirk on his face, while I was struggling with my dupatta to hide the mark.

I quickly shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and turned on the TV. Thanks to Allah, I was able to divert my mind by the movie Ice Age, but it couldn't hold my attention for longer because soon it diverted back to the person who entered the room. I sensed him, throwing his stuff onto the bed as usual, while gazing at my back. But I didn't turn to him, I wasn't in a state to confront him right now. I know he would laugh at my blushed face or Allah knows what he would do. His mood swings are unpredictable and I don't want to humiliate myself like yesterday night.

"Can I have a glass of water?" I yelped on hearing Moosa's voice right next to my ear.

Ya Allah! When did he get here???

After recovering from my startled state, I abruptly nodded and got up without looking at him. I rushed towards the refrigerator, took out a water bottle and pick a glass. Before entering the room, I readjust my dupatta once again, but after seeing him with a deep frown on his face, my reluctance was immediately replaced by concern. He was sitting on the sofa with his eyes closed, leaning against the back like he was exhausted from work but nothing came out of it.

I slowly put the bottle and glass on the side, standing behind the sofa I hesitantly slid my fingers into his hair. He held my hand and placed my palm on his lips before resting it on his chest, but he didn't open his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked, placing my other hand on his forehead. I had a feeling that he wouldn't answer my question and he didn't. I sigh dejectedly and his eyes shot open, the frown on his face got deeper, as he glared at me.

"Why do you wear a dupatta when we are alone in our room?"

Eh???

I was really taken aback by his question. I have become so habitual of wearing dupatta that I didn't think much about it. I looked at him with a confused face, didn't know how to answer. Suddenly my eyes landed on the water bottle and I figured my way out of this topic.

"Um... Pani (water)?"

To be honest, I didn't think I would be comfortable without a dupatta, while he is around. Just the thought of him looking at me without dupatta made my cheek red.

"Answer my question first." He held both of my hands tightly.

"It's no big deal,... I... I got used to wearing a dupatta." I stuttered, struggling for a reasonable response.

"Okay! Take off now." He demanded.

"Huh?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Remove your dupatta." He said again but I didn't budge. I didn't understand what's got into him.

"Noor, are you doing as I said or should I do it myself?" He warned me, pulling me more to him.

"You can't threaten me." I finally find my voice and a smirk formed on his face.

"Why would I threaten you, love?" He pulled me more and now my feet are barely touching the floor.

"What are you doing?! I will fall!" I shrieked but he only chuckled in response and pulled me even more.