TWENTY-SIX

❝history always has its way of repeating itself

❝history always has its way of repeating itself.❞

"NAOMI, I HATE you so much right now

"NAOMI, I HATE you so much right now." Steve mumbled under his breath, making Soda slap him.

"Shut up, Steve. Right now, we need to stay together and figure out how to get Dallas out of this." Soda snapped, rubbing my back comfortingly. 

Steve sighed. "I'm sorry, Naomi." 

I waved my hand, dismissing it. "No, go ahead. Tell me how stupid I am for doing this. I never listen to anyone, but I should have listened to y'all. I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me."

"Aw, shucks." Two-Bit chuckled, pulling me into a hug. "I already forgive you." 

I laughed softly and sighed. "You know, Dally was right when he told me I could count on you to make me laugh, Two." 

He cocked his head to the side. "He said that? Aw, Dally loves me." 

I started giggling just thinking of that night. 

[guys, FEELS. I hope y'all remember this throwback. I foreshadowed when he said 'you can always count on Two-Bit to make you laugh.']

My eyes went huge. "I made you laugh." 

He went back to his grim expression and took a drink of his beer. "You won't see it again." 

I shrugged. "You'll never see me laugh. You could never make me. Most of the time, Maya can't even make me laugh." 

Dally gave out a light chuckle. "Leave it to Two-Bit to try and make you laugh."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Okay, we have to find out a way to get Dallas out of killing someone." 

"Well, the person is not innocent. Maybe they deserve to die." Two-Bit shrugged, making me, Soda, and Steve shoot him a weird look. 

"I don't care what anybody does. No one deserves to die." I replied hastily, shooting a glare over at the boy who opened the door for us. He kept staring at me, and I was about to give him a piece of my mind.