01

[before I begin, this story is based off the song RIVER by Bishop Briggs. lyrics of the song will be in the beginning of each chapter, so if you're confused, there's the explanation! I hope you enjoy this story and no,

IT WILL NOT BE CLICHE.

thanks to reading, MadelineWrites book, 'The Outsiders: Dumb Fanfictions,' I now know how this is going to go. :)))]

[main character, Dakota, is up there!]

enjoy!

trailer made by obriens80s!

→←

"shut your mouth and run me like a river."

"Do you ever wonder why we have these labels in this town?" Cherry sighed, shaking her head as she watched a Soc and a Greaser argue.

I scoffed. "Who cares? They're Greasers."

Cherry shot me a glare. "Dakota, they're people just like we are. Why are you so against them?"

"They got my brother killed. Is that a good enough explanation for you?" I snapped, starting to get out of her car.

"Kota, that was one Greaser. Not all of them!" She argued, shaking her head.

I started walking towards my house. "Well, Cherry, I hate to break it you, but they judge us as much as we judge them. It will always be the same, so get over it."

I slammed the front door, causing my parents to jump up. "Dakota, what the hell is going on?" My mom asked.

"Nothing." I muttered, pushing through her and my dad.

"Don't talk to your mother like that, Dakota Blue!" My dad scolded, making me sigh. I turned around and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Mom."

She gave me a small smile. "It's alright. Don't let it happen again."

I nodded and went up to my room, dialing Bob's number. Bob and I have been dating for over a year now and we're the most popular couple in town. The Power Couple, as they call us. After a few rings, he picked up the phone.

"Hello?"
"Hey, Bob."
"Kota! Hey, is everything alright?"
"No. Can you pick me up?"
"Yeah. I'll be there in five."

I hung up and examined my outfit in the body mirror I have pinned up against my wall. I had on a long, grey skirt that came down to my shins and a blue-buttoned long sleeve t-shirt tucked into my skirt. My hair was left down in its natural curly state, and I didn't have any make-up on. Cherry and I had a promise to wear no make-up. I didn't like it much, anyway, which my mom wasn't too fond of. She's obsessed with make-up.

'Make-up is a girls best-friend.' Is what she would always say, which would cause me to roll my eyes.

I heard a beep and sprinted downstairs. "Mom! Dad! I'm going with Bob! I'll be back in an hour!"