Chapter 1 ✨

••Haru at 5 years old••

"Haru you useless child! What are you doing, sleeping?! If you don't get up right now there will be consequences!" Yelled the older, extremely strict woman. She was never trained to be a kunoichi, but her glare and rigidness alone could've fooled anybody.

The young girl, Haru visibly winced at her caretakers screeching voice.

She sat up almost immediately out of habit and squinted to look around the dark room to the best of her abilities. Unbeknownst to Haru, the older woman was at the doorway with a bottle of alcohol and a mean mug on her worn out face.

Said woman took a swig of sake and carelessly looked over at Haru. "Get ready child, the hokage ordered you go to the ninja academy instead of regular schooling. Good luck trying to survive out there." Her words were cruel alone, but the atmosphere only grew colder when she turned her back and slammed the door behind her.

Haru flinched, her ruby red eyes stuck where her caretaker once stood.

Haru was more than confused, the woman had been wording names which she had never heard of.

"The hokage? Ninja school? Whats that?" She repeated in a small voice to herself, turning her head and gazing out the front doorway curiously.

Haru shrugged away these thoughts before getting up from the small bed and reaching for a random black t-shirt that fit two sizes too big and her favorite pair of pink pants. Her favorite pair since well, they were her only pair.

Finding a small comb that she stole from the old woman under her pillow she tried brushing her hair like she had seen women do outside her window. It worked for the most part, imitation truly helped the clueless child. She then grew a bit ambitious, pulling her beautiful white hair into pigtails.

And the result was.... Well it was cute actually.

She pouted when she thought of what to wear for shoes. All she had was a pair of sandals that fit her rather uncomfortably, but what else could she wear? She's never known the luxury of having a closet full of clothes or a mother to comb her hair in the mornings and help her get dressed.

With a small sigh, she slipped on the sandals and toddled off into the living room. Her doe-like eyes closed for a moment; overcome with a sleepiness that was out of her control. She was in no position to merely hop back in bed though, if she didn't listen to her caretaker than there would be grave consequences.

And she knew it.

Haru was the only orphan at that home which made her even lonelier than any child should've ever been. She childishly swung her legs back and forth when seated, her little legs not long enough to reach the hardwood floors below.

The Old lady, her supposed caretaker, came out and scowled at the sight of Haru sitting there, as if she were a pest of some kind. "What are you doing here, I'm not taking you go look for the school yourself." She rasped out.

Haru's eyes widened in worry in fear. 'Going out by myself?' 

The thought rang in her head a multitude of times and she grew more and more terrified with each passing second. She wanted to object, to go back to the comfort of her warm bed and stay there forever; but she knew that going against the head of the orphanage would only make things worse!

So with wide eyes and shaky hands Haru walked out of the small orphanage and shyly introduced herself to the civilian streets of Konohagakure. Haru watched as much older people walked by, ninjas of all types getting foods before their missions, and parents taking their kids to the academy.