Rush Tired

I was glad to have opened that drawer. Everything seemed to be better now, and from reading the letter I slowly began to trust Abason more and more. He scurried to look through the other letters to see if they were for him and sure enough they were. All of them were directed to him. I was glad that Abason got to connect with his father in some way without him being there.

I yawned. He was about to read the rest as I saw from his enthusiasm, but he stopped and looked over to me. "We can find more time to do that later." He grinned widely. "Let's continue reading again tomorrow. You look tired and I think I am too." He smiled towards me again with the same smile that gave me the warmest feeling.

"Yea, it is getting late." I smiled back, "but are you sure you wanna do this tomorrow?" I didn't want to be a hinderance to his pursuit for truth to know his father.

"No, it's fine. I'm happy you're here Angel. The rest of the stuff in the drawer can wait." He grinned some more. "Come on. You need rest. I think we had enough of an adventure today."

"Thanks." I smiled.

I didn't want to mention that I had to be at training extremely early the next day I didn't want to worry him so I ended with the word.

As he led me out the room and the drawer was shut back to its original hiding spot, he yawned also signaling an exhausting but satisfying day.

"Thanks for inviting me Prince Abason." I bowed. "Tomorrow again." I said professionally. He just kept smiling. As I was about to head ut the door, he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Angel, do you..." He glanced outside the door, "it's dark out. Are you sure you want to go home now?" His face turned to a sincere concerned face of a friend.

I knew well what he was gonna say next, but I replied with a question anyway. "Well, where will I stay?" I grinned.

"You can stay here. We have plenty of rooms that no one occupies, but things." He glanced down then right.

"Sure." I accepted, "That's a great idea."

After agreeing, he told his maids to help me to bed. He chose an empty room right next to his for me to occupy out of all the rooms that filled the humongous castle. I supposed that he truly was one of those people who owned many things, but moved about in a home that was more lonely than lively. Although he had servants and maids, it all was still lonely in his heart as how he now mentioned it to me.

He wished for a family. He always felt like the rooms were more empty than filled even if furniture and paintings decorated them. It broke my heart that he felt that way. Alone. I had times in my life when I felt truly alone even in the midst of a crowd, but to have no family saddened my heart. I felt bad I couldn't tell him I felt the same because I, myself, have a family and he didn't.

We said our good nights and the maids got me dressed for sleep. Sleeping in my hunting clothes were fine with me, but to the maids, they acted as if it were a hazard. So instead I gave in to their request of loaning me one of the castles many wardrobes to pick a garment for the night. I chose what seemed to be the least best that was in the wardrobe, but the maids told me it wasn't even sleepwear. I laughed, but they were determined to give me a wonderful rest.

"How about this one, my lady?" She held out a sleep garment made with the softest cotton I ever felt.

"No, no..it's alright! Really!" I laughed once more. "It is normal for me to go to sleep in my hunting clothes in the forest!"

"But my lady..Prince's orders." Her head hung low. "If I do not obey, I will.."

"Hush, Sabrina. The lady knows what will happen if the Prince is not obeyed. Right? Angel the Huntress of Alleyal." Another maid, probably a chief maid, called out.