Chapter 36

Only two chapters after this :(

The song is mainly for the part when it's Sutton's POV. I'll tell you when to play it but it's called Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift. I thought it kind of fit for that part. 

FYI: There's another A/N at the end of the chapter about the sequel so please read that.

Thank you for fanning and commenting and voting. Sorry if this is bad or overly dramatized. I've never really written a  fight scene.

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

*******************************************************************************************************************

                                                Chapter 34

Sutton’s POV:

            I breathed quietly, shifting my weight slightly. Evan stood still next to me, ears perked up. The woods were filled with a sift quiet but the air buzzed with tension and anticipation. The calm before a storm. We’d all said our goodbyes, we’d been hugged tearfully and passed from person to person. Now we stood, hidden in the shadows, waiting for the moment to end this. Claire had told Lockey we would be in a clearing but we had no intention of letting them get that far. My tail twitched as we got a warning from Spencer through the pack link.

Heads up, we’ve got movement in the southern region. Heading towards you.

            We all waited and within minutes the unmistakable sound of footsteps rang out into the silence. Evan looked around, scanning his eyes over the group of wolves the stood behind us. We were spread out, fanning into a wide circle so that no one escaped. He spoke to the pack one last time before we attacked.

This is your last chance to back out and save yourself. If you do, I don’t blame you. I don’t know how many of us are going to survive this, I don’t know if any of us will. I do know that if you choose to stay and fight, you are brave and courageous. This needs to be done to ensure the safety of our pack and the safety of our children. The fear of hunters in our territory ends tonight. Now, I will ask one time: Who’s with me?

            A chorus of I’s ran through my mind, each voice filled with pride and determination. My heart swelled with pride for my pack and ultimately, it was filled with love for the people who had  chosen to fight. Men and women alike. Spencer and Lisa, Scott and Kat, Kevin and Lilah, Jason with Elise, even Paige’s parents were both fighting. Up ahead of us, the sound of dozens of footfalls came closer and closer. I shared a glance with Evan and moved a step closer to him. We would both make it out of this.

Let’s end this.

            With that we all charged forward, stealthy and without a noise. We didn’t dare make a noise until we had been seen. Rushing forward with howls would have just alerted them to our presence, giving them time to prepare. Eventually though, we broke the cover of the trees and fell upon the hunters. Surprise lit their eyes but they were quick to recover and quickly reached for their weapons. Evan’s dark grey wolf leaped forward and landed on a hunter, swiftly eliminating him. Without hesitation, I followed him into the fight.

Evan’s POV:

            The hunters had certainly grown in numbers. Even I was a little surprised at how many they had. I have faith ,though, in my pack members. They were well trained and knew how  to fight. I kept a close eye on my white little wolf as she barreled into hunters and took them down with ease. Bodies dropped all around us, most hunters but I spotted a few wolves as well. I prayed that they were just injured.