2: Red Hair And Lyndsey

Gerard woke up, not expecting today to go well, he thought that walking into school would be the biggest mistake he had made all year, and sure the year had just started, but he wasn't particularly ready for the punches that they would surely throw at him.

He dressed in a leather jacket that his friend from New York, Alex, had gotten him for his last birthday, along with skinny jeans that he regretted wearing as they clung to his thighs in a way that felt like his blood circulation was cut off.

His shirt wasn't anything special, just a normal white v-neck because he couldn't find any other clean clothes, and he had been running too late to actually look for anything else, not that he minded, it was just a shirt, he just wasn't a fan of the colour white or v-necks.

He was debating whether or not he should do anything with his hair to style it but decided against it and just brushed it in the end, deciding he needed to buy more dye for when his hair started to fade again.

He didn't like the method of not shampooing or not showering at all, he didn't like feeling gross, so he let it fade but made sure he always had another box of the same colour to re-dye it with.

He also considered himself a pro when it came to his hair, it was always soft and nice and if Gerard could state his best feature, it was definitely his hair.

Gerard looked at himself in his closet mirror, more so at the messy red strands on his head, rolling his eyes at the fact he'd been thinking about his hair so long, he really loved his hair.

He decided he was finished after brushing his teeth and headed downstairs, sighing tiredly when he was offered breakfast, declining the food when he felt sick, he knew it was from nerves but he decided he couldn't throw up if there was nothing to throw up, right?

Donald had left for work when Gerard had arrived to the kitchen, and now Donna was driving Mikey and himself to school before she would go to work herself.

As their car approached their highschool, Gerard felt nerves bubble up in the pit of his stomach, he bit his lip as he watched people walking around outside the tall building, talking together, some going inside.

He watched with fear, clamping his hands shut together, he put his hands between his legs before squeezing his thighs tightly around his hands, it was weird, but it was something he did when he was nervous.

Soon the car came to a stop and his heart dropped, he was just so afraid fo what they would say to him, the slurs of insults, maybe they'd beat him up too. Gerard felt as though he was fearing for his life, which in his mind, he was, but he had to do this.

He and his brother got out of their mother's car and made their way towards the entrance of the building, Gerard biting his lip as he watched multiple people, some he recognized and others he didn't.

The car drove off and Gerard hadn't really moved from the spot on the curb he was standing on, so many memories he had here, his worst memory was here, he wasn't the same person as he was back then, or at least that's what he tried to tell himself.

He had hoped that people had changed, weren't asshole anymore, didn't care whther or not someone was a crossdresser, but this was highschool, he knew it was extremely unlikely. He also hoped people had forgotten about him especially Jamia- no, especially Frank.

Mikey noticed his brother's hesitation and placed and reassuring hand on his shoulder which Gerard was thankful for, Mikey knew he was scared and he knew Mikey would be there for him. Gerard was more than thankful that Mikey was only two years below him so he would actually be at school with him.

"Don't worry G," Mikey smiled. "If anyone is mean to you, I'll fight them all." Mikey flexed his 'muscles' and Gerard giggled causing Mikey to smile at the fact he had distracted Gerard from his thoughts for a moment. "Come on, you'll be fine."

Gerard nodded, following his brothers as they passed a few people, making their way into the building, as people were turning to stare at the red-headed man who had walked in causing Gerard to feel self-conscious but he tried not to show it.

"Mikey, they're staring," Gerard said, his voice quiet so only Mikey could hear from beside him.

"Calm down, they're probably just surprised and happy to see you," Mikey attempted to assure him, knowing part of it was probably bullshit, he didn't know.

"None of them have boners," Gerard whispered to his brother, who snorted and caused more people to look at them. "Look what you did."

Mikey looked around at the people who were still staring at them, smiling shyly in attemps to make friends, and Mikey could honestly say he really sucked at making friends.

"Not my fault you made me laugh," Mikey muttered and Gerard rolled his eyes a little before they eventually got to the school office.

After recieving their schedules and locker cobinations and everything they needed, the went looking for their lockers, Gerard was just thankful that their lockers were next to eachother so they wouldn't have to look for both of them.

They eventually found their lockers, Gerard's being on the opposite side of the school to his old locker from seventh and eighth grade, which he was sort of thankful for.

Suddenly there was a hand on his arm and he looked up seeing a familiar face, one he couldn't place a name too. He knew her, just forgot about her, she wasn't someone he had ever really spoken to.

"Hey," she smiled, her voice had a strange tint to it that Gerard couldn't quite place. "What's your name?

The question sort of confused Gerard, she knew his name, well she knew him as Gee, so why was she asking -unless she forgot his name like he forgot hers, and why were her eyes full of, was that lust?

"Uh, it's Gerard?" He answered, more like questioned, surprising himself at the lack of stutter in his voice. He knew his name was Gerard but he couldn't get passed the fact that she was asking.

"Well I'm Lyndsey," she smiled, leaning back against the lockers beside his. She shot him a wink and Gerard just felt extremely uncomfortable.

"Uh, nice to uh meet you?" He said awkwardly, grabbing hold of his brothers arm before nodding to her, "we have to go now, uh, bye?"

Soon he and his brother sped off after closing their lockers, hopeing she wouldn't follow them.

-

Weekly updates damn I am on a roll... Probably won't last long though.

Hope you're enjoying this??? Like with every fic I write... I don't really have a plan.

Also near the end the girl was originally Jamia, but I decided to change her character.