Favors

I had been playing Pokemon Go on my bed. Life is good when you have a Pokestop right above you.

"Hey, how many Pokemons have you caught so far?" I asked Ethan, without glancing up from the screen.

He was reading a car-magazine. "I deinstalled it," he mumbled, sounding distracted.

The door opened, I looked up and saw Ruth walk in. Her dark locks were up in a ponytail. Some thick books were pressed against her chest. With one swift move of her left arm, she closed the door, while holding the books with the other one.

I smiled lightly. "How did it go?"

Ruth sat down on the edge of my bed. I moved to the wall to give her more space.

"It went quite well," she told me with a small nod. "Lillith is very smart."

She was hot too - she had the whole package.

Ethan turned his head to look at Ruth. "How much did she pay you? Don't you let yourself get scammed."

"I did not charge her anything for her first lesson," Ruth explained, and I couldn't help but admire her for her good nature in this ruthless world.

"Tsk, tsk," Ethan shook his head. "Ethy-boy will have to teach you how to be a business person."

Ruth started laughing and a snort escaped in between. Ethan and I looked at each other with widened eyes, before joining in. She must have felt ashamed, because she stopped. Ethan and I couldn't stop though.

She sat there. Pouting a bit, while we were laughing our asses off. Ruth was adorable.

Once we sobered up, I told her between chuckles that it was okay.

She tried to hide her smile, before looking at the phone that was laying on my bed. "What is that?" she wanted to know, holding genuine interest in her eyes. I took a quick glance at the object. I had already introduced her to cell-phones. "Pokemon Go," I answered. "It's a game, wanna play?"

She smiled, which made me feel happy. "Gladly. How does one play it?"

Ethan groaned. "Not you too, Ruth!"

I showed her how. She started enjoying it and I was rid of my phone for the rest of the evening. The way she stuck out her tongue when she was trying to concentrate on throwing those pokeballs, was cute.

Ethan had gone to the bathroom, when I asked her, "Would you mind tutoring Lillith in our dorm next time?"

She looked up from my phone. "I would not mind a bit," Ruth replied surprised. "She kept raving about you."

I felt my lips curl to a smirk. "Oh?"

"Yes."

The smirk stayed plastered on my face for a while, while I stole a car on GTA.

She put the phone aside for the first time in three hours. "Cory?" she asked.

I loved hearing my name out of her mouth. I don't know what it was about her. It felt like an honor almost.

"May I ask you for a favor too?"

I hummed in response, my eyes fixed on the tv screen.

"Once I have made some money, I'd like to get some clothing," she told me. "Will you... come with me and lend me a hand?"

The smirk on my face turned to a warm smile. "Of course, Ruth," I said, before pausing the game and turning around to face her. She was sitting on my bed, while I was sitting on the floor. "I'm sure Dakota will lend you some clothes in the meantime."