39. Real love

Lauren opened her room's door and glanced at him.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"I thought you might need company," Jae smiled.

"I guess you're right," she tried to not to burst out into tears, but struggled hard.

Jae was about to go to her and hug her, when the doorbell rang and Lauren jumped up.

"Who could that be?" she asked.

"Youf fathef, of some peddlefs," whispered Jae, who felt shivers of excitement.

"Tell them to leave, can you?" Lauren returned to her room and slammed her door shut.

"Sufe," said Jae running to the door and opening it wide.

Taeyong grinned to him, when he pushed Yuta inside the small flat. Yuta had his eyes covered by a black scarf, that Taeyong must have found somewhere backstage, and he seemed impatient.

"It's fof you!" shouted Jae while Taeyong let go of Yuta and closed the door behind them carefully.

"What?" Lauren walked out of the room and stopped. Her face became so pale, that for a moment Jae was afraid she's going to faint.

"Yuta," she whispered her boyfriend's name and Yuta used all his force to tear the scarf off his face.

The plan was perfect and it worked. Taeyong told Yuta there is a surprise party planned and covered his eyes on the way there, then he took him to Lauren's flat, and here they were. But all Jae's thoughts were cut when a pale Yuta ran to Lauren and closed her in the tightest possible hug. He grabbed her face kissed her hair, her lisp, her nose and eyelids, she was crying loud pulling him to her fragile figure.

"I guess this won't be necessary," Taeyong glance at the rose and smiled. "Let's leave them," he muttered opening the door and Jae turned around to see the two who were so happy, that they forgot the boys' existence.

He felt a warm feeling overcoming him when he left the flat and closed the door. The corridor was long and Jae put his hands in his pockets, when he walked next to Taeyong towards the lift.

They glanced at each other and burst out into laughter.

So after Jae and Taeyong played Cupid Yuta had left the country two days later than the World Tour and Jae had a good idea what he was busy with. Lauren was so happy, she appeared in Jae's house on Sunday evening and pressed a present into his hands. She kissed his cheek and walked off leaving him completely stunned and unable to explain to his mother, that she's not his girlfriend.

When Jae got back to his senses and opened the box wrapped in brown paper and a golden ribbon in his room he discovered a beautiful wrist watch. He felt he has never deserved it, but somehow he was touched, so from now on he wore the watch each day and his mom asked him when his girlfriend will come to visit. Jae tried to explain that she's just his friend and Yuta is her boyfriend, but his mom wasn't convinced.

Maybe other people also got the wrong impression about their friendship and Jae suddenly wondered, if Taeil wasn't one of them. He decided to check it the next morning, when he appeared at school.

Kun was slamming his locker shut when Jae approached.

"May I see your essay for a second, I'm not sure if I have the right name of the author of 'Harmony and the specified music theory," said Kun with his pompous tone and Taeil, who was sitting on the floor and getting through his very long essay handed the papers to him.

"Thanks," Kun faked a smile and Jae wanted to kick him, so he would slam his head against the locker. "Oh IT came to talk," said Kun eyeing Jae up with disgust. "As lousy as your friends, I guess this jeans were out in 82," Kun raised his brows.

But Jae ignored him and stopped above Taeil.

"I need to know why afe you so mad, it's been like half a yeaf, and you haven't said a wofd," said Jae his temper raising.

"Trust me if he would like to speak to THINGS like you he would," Kun spoke and it felt like a unpleasant noise in Jae's left ear.

"He's playing all ffiendly, but he's not a ffiend," said Jae and Taeil became all red.

"And you are?" he said in a not Taeil like angry voice and Jae trembled.

"Who was youf only ffiend since kindefgaften, apaft ffom me and Doyoung? Who defended you against Yuta and his clique, had you and youf sistef sleepovef when youf dad lost his job? Who called the ambulance when  you neafly bfoke youf leg dufing a bike tfip?" Jae was shouting so loud that the whole corridor went quiet and half of the school was listening including Kun, who wore a precious smile of the happiest rat on Earth. "Who, who helped you out of the mud lake in the pafk when you neafly dfowned because of Laufen?" Jae continued.

"Lauren, yes... You dare to speak about her to me!" this time Taeil was shouting even louder than Jae. "I saw you with Lauren, holding hands in the cafe, you call this friendship, revise your definition of friendship!" Taeil jumped up and shouted in Jae's face.

"I've nevef..." Jae grabbed Taeil's sweater and lifted him up as the boy was nearly a head smaller than him.

"Boys! Boys, cam down!" Taeyong jumped between them grabbing Jae.

A moment later Ten and Doyoung hurried to them and tore Jae from Taeil.

"It's not worth," Ten begged, while Jae was trembling from anger.

Sicheng seemed scared and slipped towards the window, when they stopped next to him, the audience in the hall was still glancing at them.

"Here's nothing to watch, go back to your business," Mark stepped in raising his voice.

He was voted school spokesman and so the crowd walked off, but everyone was glancing at Jae weirdly.

"Man I can't stand Kun too, but we need to wait till he makes a mistake," said Mark stopping next to the boys, while Jae inhaled sharply to clam down.

"At lest we know why he's so mad," said Doyoung and Jae sent him a killer glance.

Hi, Thank you again for all your support <3 <3

What do you think about the chapter? About Yuta and Lauren meeting because of the boys? What about Jae and Taeil's argument? Will they ever be friends again?

I can only tell you that the next chapters will have so many Jaeyong moments, I'm excited ;)

Much <3