New Addition -Rian Dawson Oneshot

"Ouch daddy that hurts my head!"

"Sorry darling but I'm trying to be gentle"

I overheard mine and Rian's daughter, Melissa, scold her father while he was combing and blow drying her hair. For a 5 year old, she knew how to put him in his place. It's hard to believe that it's already been 5 years that him and I were blessed with the most perfect daughter on earth.

I decided to pick myself up off the couch where I had laid almost all day due to back pain and a constant nauseous feeling to check up on them. Thankfully they were in the bathroom across the hall so it wasn't that far of a stretch for me to walk. I've always had bad back problems, it seemed to run in the family and today the pain I had experienced soared off the charts. That, coupled with feeling like I was going to hurl at any moment wasn't a good combination.

"Mel sweetie, go easy on your dad. He's trying his best" I said to the little girl who was sat on the bathroom counter. Rian had found a small knot in her hair and was slowly trying to comb it out.

"But it's hot air and daddy got the comb stuck two times!"

I mouthed "sorry hun" to Rian.

Once Rian had managed to brush out the knot he gave up for the night, "Well we know she's just like her mommy," Rian said to me, "she knows how to get what she wants. Alright sweetheart, you're good to go and I won't bug you by brushing your hair anymore tonight."

Rian set her onto the ground and she instantly walked off into her bedroom where we would soon go to read her a story and tuck her in for the night.

I watched as Rian began cleaning things up off the counter, "thanks for doing this tonight hun, I'm still not feeling 100%"

"No problem, her daddy has to do some of the girly things with her too right? How is your stomach...any better?"

And right on cue, I felt my throat fill up with chunks of food from my previous meal and I ran to the toilet. Thank god it was so close. I instantly began hurling, the puke burning my throat as well. It was not a good feeling at all and it was the third time today that I had vomited.

"Maybe you should get checked out, love. You could have a nasty stomach bug." Rian said once I was finished being sick.

"I'll see how I am tomorrow and if I feel shitty again, I'll go to the doctors" I promised him.

------

A day later and the sickness hadn't stopped. I was up bright and early getting ready for work when my stomach started acting up again and I found myself puking in the toilet bowl again. After I called in sick to work, I told Rian that I was off to the doctors while he would be out for the day with his parents.

About a 30 minute wait later in the doctors waiting room, I was finally going in to get examined. The doctor asked the usual questions and ran the normal tests. After retreating to her office for a few minutes, she came back and asked me a question I hadn't expected to hear today.

"Mrs Dawson, is there any chance you and your husband have been trying for a baby?"

"Oh um, no not really. Why? Is there something I should be worried about? Oh god don't tell me I have an STD" I began to panic after such a simple question the doctor had asked.

She laughed my panicking off, "no no, you have no signs of any STD's. The symptoms you have been showing are common with a pregnant woman. And of course you've been pregnant before with your little girl so you would know the signs when they show up."

I stared at the brick wall  across from me in a complete daze. What if I was pregnant? Rian and I had a very healthy and active sex life still...this could really be a possibility.

"I'm just going to suggest that you go to your pharmacy and grab a pregnancy test. Give it a try and then call me back to let me know what the result is. And make sure to test on more than one, sometimes they can be glitchy."

-------

I had bought 4 pregnant tests from my pharmacy and was currently hiding in my bathroom, nervousness clear on my face. I didn't really need to hide right now, Melissa was at school and Rian was out still.

I took all 4 tests, a nostalgic feeling enveloping me as I remembered taking these tests when we were pregnant the first time around, then waited the amount of time it needed to give the result.

I don't know what happened but I ended up on the ground of the bathroom and fell asleep. I guess puking out my guts these past few days knocked some energy out of me. And all of a sudden I woke up to the sound of my husband entering the door and throwing his keys on the table.

"Baby, I'm home!" He called out.

"Mpmh, bathroom floor" I managed to croak out, sleep still hanging onto me.

"Aw man did you get sick again?" Rian questioned as he walked into the bathroom.

"Um no. Actually I can't remember why I was in here. All I know is I fell asleep here" I chuckled slightly at my lack of memory at the moment.

"Haha, you're cute" he pressed a kiss to my head and stood up, freezing in his tracks as soon as he was completely upright.

I noticed him look down at me then back to the counter, then back at me, then back at the counter. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Are you?...is that?..." Rian couldn't even form a sentence and I didn't understand why.

"Rian I'm gonna need more than just two words per question" I stated and slowly stood myself up to see what he was looking at on the counter. 4 pink pee sticks met my eyes as soon as I stood up. Fuck I forgot! The tests!! And all of them showed the same result.

"Are we?..." Rian continued.

"Pregnant?" I finished his question.

All 4 of the tests were positive. Completely positive!

I turned towards my husband, mouth wide open and watery eyes, "I'm pregnant Rian" I announced in a small voice, still not believing what I was seeing.

"Oh my god" he held his hand to his mouth and I saw some tears in his eyes, "I get to be a dad again."

We both started laughing out of pure shock and amusement. He grabbed me in a tight hug and held onto me for dear life.

"Rian, are you ready for another little rascal?" I asked him once we broke from our hug.

"Are you kidding?! This is incredible! I've been the happiest person ever since I first found out you were pregnant with Melissa 5 years ago. And I think I've been doing pretty good at being a dad so far. So yes, I'm SO ready to do it again. As long as I got you, I know I'll be happy and I'll be the best dad our new baby could wish for."

I grabbed hold of him again, pressing my face deep into his chest. Pure happiness was felt by both of us. I was ready to go through being pregnant again and giving birth again because as long as I had my husband here with me, I knew we could be a happy family.