8 | eight

"you promised you wouldn't tell anyone!" andrea wails the second she sees me walking past the doors with luke's arm around my waist.

"i didn't promise anything," i remind her.

"yeah, but you did agree not to tell ashton or calum." she argues, flipping her pretty hair over her shoulder.

"i didn't agree to anything. but last time i checked, this is luke. he is neither ashton or calum," i reply
sarcastically.

"stop arguing with him, we need him on our side." kay interrupts.

"i will never be on your side," i reply firmly. "what you're doing is wrong and i just want a clue of what i've accidentally got myself into."

luke's blue eyes are set on andrea, disappointed. "i never liked you. i honestly only tolerated you because calum loves you; i'm feeling sick right now."

andrea blows a loose strand out of her face. her face lights up with the server cuts into our conversation by setting down four tall glasses; each brimming with pink liquid.

"andrea and i ordered smoothies for all us while we waited. i hope you enjoy strawberry and banana," kay says, her dark eyes piercing into me.

i take a loud slurp out of the drink when nobody speaks up. the silence is deadly; luke and i are sending death glares at the two girls in front of us, and they simply stare at their drink.

"you have ten minutes to explain before i call ash amd cal what you've done," i state, my throat feeling dry even though i've already sipped about half my drink.

andrea and kay glance over at each other; they send each other panicked looks. it's not until when luke clears his throat, kay comes bursting out with an explanation.

"it was for the aesthetic!" kay quips, ruffling her pixie blonde hair.

"excuse me?" luke questions, looking confused.

"the aesthetic," kay repeats slowly.

kay was always the aesthetic type of girl; smoking cigarettes because it was supposedly cool and wearing whatever's trending. she cut her hair short because it was the typical feminist haircut and she became vegan.

"well it was the aesthetic for her, for me; i was just trying to figure out my sexuality. i met kay a few days ago when she came into american apparel and i couldn't help but feel some sort of spark. we snook around a bit and we hung out a lot. it's nothing too serious though; just a few kisses here and there. that's the furthest we've ever gone." andrea explains deeper.

"you said that this was for a good reason," i groan rubbing my temples. "doing it for the aesthetic is definitely not a good reason. it's the opposite really."

"there was honestly no emotion behind it; kay did it for her tumblr blog and i did it for the fun. the thrill. nothing less, nothing more." andrea picks at her nail, talking a small sip of her drink.

"it's still wrong though," luke adds in, sending andrea a glare.

"oh, live a little. a few kisses aren't going to hurt anyone," kay pouts her lips that are covered in a kylie jenner lipstick. i remember ashton staying on the website for hours; just to get her a tube.

"it'll kill ashton. he loves you so much kay," i say sadly.

"don't feed me any of that bullshit. i'm not the only
one cheating, he came to my place the other day with love bites all over his neck. when i asked him, he simply said that he fell into a wall." kay shoots back firmly, not letting her guard down.

"maybe he did fall into a wall," i argue, propping my elbows onto the table. "he's always falling all over the place at our home."

"who's ash-"

"not now luke," i hush him up. this isn't a good time for him to get jealous.

"but it's whatever. i found a used condom in his bed when i went to your place!" kay shoots angrily.

"that might've been mine! sometimes i bring guys to fuck on ashton's bed because it's comfier!" i argue again, scowling at her.

"excuse me?" luke cuts in, looking outraged.

"not now luke!" i repeat again, rubbing my temples.

"yes now. you bring guys home? what the fuck?" luke glares, looking appalled.

"the last guy i brought home was ages ago, way before i met you," i pat his hand lightly.

"fine," luke huffs, a cute little pout on his lips.

i look back to see andrea stifling a laugh.

"what?" i glare at her.

"you guys are just too cute."