Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Sam

I froze. That explains my wolf's reaction towards Xander and his wolf. I've never felt this way before, wanting to . . . mate with him. It feels . . . weird.

I got out of the tub and went to the walk-in-closet to change out of my wet clothes. I grabbed a big t-shirt and a pair of Xander's sweatpants before returning back to the bed and laying down, feeling drained and exhausted from that little show my wolf just put on.

My wolf is still looking for Xander and his wolf since he's not in the room, but I don't really care right now. All I could think about is going back to sleep because being woken up in the middle of the night is not fun. I closed my eyes and forced myself to go back to sleep.

*-*-*-*

The next morning I woke up to the bright sun shining in my eyes. I looked around the room to see that Xander's still not in the room, but I could faintly smell his scent, so that means he went back here at some point while I was asleep.

I got up from bed and went to the bathroom. I did my business, brushed my teeth, and put my messy hair in a bun. I went out of the bedroom and headed downstairs to see Scott watching a show on the television with a bowl of cereal in his hand. He looked up as soon as he heard me and gave me a small grin and a wave.

I laughed and waved back at him.

"Good morning Scott," I greeted him.

"Good morning Sam," he greeted back, talking with his mouth full of cereal. I just smiled at him and shook my head before going into the kitchen. I grabbed the box of cereal, a bowl, milk, and a spoon before preparing my breakfast. I also grabbed a glass of orange juice before eating my breakfast.

"So, how have you been?" I heard Scott ask from the living room.

I stopped eating for a few seconds to answer him back.

"I've been good and you?" I asked him.

"Good," he replied.

After about ten minutes, I finished eating my cereal. I washed my bowl, spoon, and glass before putting it in the dishwasher. I walked over to the living room to see Scott playing a video game. I sat down on a recliner and watched him play.

"Do you know where Xander is right now?" I asked him, feeling guilty because Xander had to leave our room and sleep somewhere else just because my wolf wanted to mate with him.

"He went to the pack house to get some paper works done," Scott replied, never taking his eyes off the game. I sat there thinking about what happened at the barbecue last night.

'What did my old pack want with me? Haven't they had enough? Why do they want to keep hurting me when I've done nothing wrong to them? They blame me for my parents' death when I didn't even kill them. I could never do that to my own parents. When will I ever be free from the haunting memories of my old pack?' I thought, feeling sad, angry, and confused.

My old pack was supposed to be my family, they were supposed to help me and guide me when my parents died, but they didn't. I feel angry at them. I want to go back to my old pack and demand for answers, but I know that I'm not brave enough to do that.

"Are you okay?" Scott's voice cut off my train of thought. I looked up to see him looking at me with worry and concern written on his face.

"I'm fine, don't worry," I told him with a fake smile, trying to convince him. I don't think my fake smile convinced him, but he let it go.

"Scott, what . . . what happened after I and Xander left the barbecue last night?" I asked him, my voice barely above a whisper.

"It was chaos. People were screaming, running, and trying to get back inside the pack house for safety, you know, just in case more arrows come raining down on us. Trackers and guards were roaming the whole territory, trying to find a scent, a clue, anything that could lead us to the person who shot the arrow. People kept asking about you and Xander. They were obviously feeling worried for their Luna and Alpha, and that includes me." Scott said with a soft smile on his face.

I smiled at him, feeling thankful that people care about me, not like my old pack. The people here treat each other like family, they care about each other, and they love their Alpha. I'm just thankful that I finally found a pack who will treat me like one of their own, not just someone who has to clean and cook for the pack and be their punching bag whenever they feel like it.

"Uh, I'm going to be upstairs if you need me," I told Scott, getting up from the recliner and heading towards the stairs.

"Okay, if you need something, I'll be here," Scott said.

I didn't answer him and instead went to mine and Xander's bedroom. I just want to be alone at the moment. My old pack is becoming a problem and I haven't even told Xander which pack it was. Should I tell him? I want to but if I do tell him, then he'll march over to my old pack and do some things that I don't want him to do.

Decisions, decisions.

______________________________________________________________________

 Did you like this chapter? Comment down below if u did :)