Chapter 19: Ice Cream Date

Chapter 19
Ice Cream Date

Contemplating whether I should tell him the news that my best friend Cloud has brought me, Dave strolls across the street beside me with a huge smile plastered on his face. His aura is different from the last time I've seen him, and that's better. It seems like he's taking the werewolf thing positively, and the fact that I know that Peitho is helping Dave to understand everything is making everything better.

Our destination is to reach Doctor Ice Cream, an ice cream parlor just three blocks away. It's a walking distance. Since the weather is good and the blow of the air is perfect, Dave and I decided to take a walk and admire the place.

I think back the second time I third time I met him (the first time was when I discovered he's my mate and the second one was when I rescued Kieran and him together with Cloud when they were being attacked by the rogues), he walked up to me say a sincere thank you, and I might have raised my voice a bit and he took it negatively. I was just shy and didn't know what to do when he talked to me, and I didn't want to stutter and make a complete fool of myself in front of him. In the end, I became the enemy. Dave probably thought of me as a rude person. I hum as I walk beside him, dreamy look plastered on my face. Dave never seems to bother, so I keep humming.

After ten minutes of walking, we arrive at our destination.

Doctor Ice Cream is a two-story ice cream parlor. The owner of the ice cream parlor is obsessed with ice cream, and actually he's a doctor. Four years ago, the owner had died but that doesn't the parlor from getting bigger and known. The sign that hangs in front of the store, on the roof, is glowing in neon despite having the sun as a light. I wonder if they forgot to turn off the light. As we head inside, the chattering of the people and the scents of each flavor of ice cream invade my nose, and I sigh in contentment. The walls are painted light blue, with little prints of an ice cream in a cone, in different various colors, on the wall and they are in a pattern.

There are a few people in here. There are two teenagers leaning over at the table as if they are going to kiss. High school couple. There's also a man in his early thirties, striding towards the counter so he can order an ice cream for his little kid, who is holding his father's hand and looking excitedly at the woman at the counter. She gives the kid a bright smile and the little kid giggles.

The floor is tiled, polished; it's a black and white tile. Every picture of ice cream flavors, they are in a frame, hung up on the wall. There's a clock near beside the menu, which displays the flavors of the ice cream. Chocolate Chip Supreme, yum. Dave seems to be having a hard time choosing what flavor he would like to lick. I'm good and perfect to be licked, Zane purrs seductively though Dave or Peitho cannot hear him. I blush at his thought and if I have a chance to slap him, I would do it without having second thoughts.

Dave looks at me. Of course, being the dumb I am, I say: "Hi,"

Earning a chuckle from him, my cheeks and neck get hot as I get flustered, staring at him in embarrassment and once the man with child is done ordering their ice creams, Dave is immediately greeted happily by the woman at the counter. Her hair is in a bun, and she looks like she's in her teenage years. Probably. This girl is nothing but 18 or 19 years old of age, and looking closer, her eyes are glistening as she stares at the man in front of her, which is my goddamn mate Dave. I suddenly hate the girl for having the audacity to stare at my mate in public without being criticized. If I ever do such thing, a lot of people would be disgusted. I think. That or I'm just scared.

"What's yours?" He asks me as he looks over his shoulder at me. "Mine would be the mocha flavored ice cream. Strange, but I love mocha."

I wish to have you. That's actually me speaking in my head, not my wolf Zane, but he agrees with me. Instead, I say: "Chocolate Chip Supreme." I wish I was a mocha flavored werewolf. That would make everything so much easier and better. Dave tells the lady at the counter, who is still staring at my mate with a twinkling eyes and a dreamy look on her face. Dave starts to pull out his wallet in his pocket and I stop him. "Oh no. I invited you here, this is my treat." I begin to pull out my wallet in my back pocket. As Dave opens his mouth to protest, I hold up an index finger, silencing him. "Next time, your treat."

"Deal," he mutters, putting his wallet back in his pocket while I take out a couple of dollars and handing it to the lady at the counter. I block her view so she can't stare at Dave, and she seems to glare at me but her eyes soften when she sees me. I'm quite good looking. She smiles at me seductively, looming over, letting me see her cleavage. Typical move. If I were still straight, I would be ogling her cleavage with no shame at all. Now, I only find her annoying who wishes to have a taste of me or my mate Dave. I hand her the dollars and her skin brushes against mine, and she purrs, winking at me and my face remains stoic.

Once she gives me a shake, I jerk my chin towards the nearest table with two chairs. We head over there. I take a seat, Dave taking a seat across from me and I smile. It looks like we're on a date. He rests his arm across the table and waits patiently for our ice cream. I really want to strike up a conversation with him, but then I realize that I barely know him. That makes everything worst. I tap my fingers on the table impatiently, and Dave seems to see my anxiousness.

"Is there something wrong?" He asks me, brows furrowing as he leans over to look at me.

Shaking my head, I give him a smile. "No, there isn't. I just realize that I barely know you."

"Oh," he says, staring at the table, looking in a deep thought. That's when the lady delivers our ice creams and places them on the table. The lady, whose name is Celine, smiles gorgeously at Dave then at me. Dave seems to like her smile. I cough louder, and they both stare at me. I want to glare at the lady. She needs to go back over the counter so she can take orders. The queue is getting longer and longer, people are lining up. She should do her job first before flirting. If I were the manager of this store, I would definitely fire her in an instant. Of course this is my dark side speaking. "Well, let's dig ice creams! No talking. We're enemies right now." Dave says childishly, taking a scoopful of ice cream and shoving it into his mouth. I watch him as he does that, and my breath hitches as his lips seductively graces the thin, curve metal spoon and I purse my lips, preventing myself not to moan out loud.

I scoop a spoonful of Chocolate Chip Supreme and shove it into my mouth, and the tasty chocolate taste invades my taste buds, and I'm in heaven. Chocolate Chip Supreme is my most favorite ice cream at all. Chocolates are the best. Cloud and I used to fight which ice cream flavor was the best. In his defense, vanilla ice creams were better, but to me, it's kind of bland. Chocolate flavors are the best. No discussion needed.

As I train my eyes at Dave, he has a mocha ice cream smeared on the edge of his lips, and without thinking, my hand shoots out, brushing the ice cream with my thumb and he freezes. I gulp. To make things lighter, I speak up. "You're such a messy eater. Ice cream freak."

"How dare you to call me ice cream freak, you wolfie!" I burst out laughing, doubling over as I shake my head. I can see him smiling as I wheeze out, trying to catch some breath after laughing like a maniac.

"Cute," I say, chuckling, still shaking my head. "I like the nickname, wolfie. Yeah, I'm a big bad wolfie that will eat you someday." That sounds wrong. That sounds wrong. But Dave just grins widely and I feel a twitch down there.

Oh how I really wish to eat him someday.