Chapter twelve

I was sleeping and I felt like my food was coming up. I pushed Toby's arms off me and ran to the bathroom. I was on my knees with my head over the toilet, just emptying my stomach.

When I was done I looked all over until I found an unused toothbrush to brush my teeth with.

I went back into the bedroom and saw Toby still sleeping but this time on his stomach, his legs were spread wide across the bed and his left arm was hanging off the bed.

It's probably because he's a horrible sleeper or because he was still up crying till four in the morning.

I checked the time and it's only six am. Oh great (note the sarcasm) I only had about two hours of sleep and I have work today.

I wont be able to go back to sleep after that morning sickness, so I went into the kitchen and look for anything I can cook for breakfast.

I saw some eggs, bacon, sausage and bread and I got ready to cook breakfast.

::::::::::::
I sat the tray on the table in the bedroom and woke him up.

He stretched, groaning loudly and when he looked at me his eyes were really red.

"Breakfast in bed", I said getting the tray and carrying it towards him.

He sat up on the bed, "Thank you so much Bay", he said and I put the tray on his lap.

"No problem and of course I had to cook something for myself also", I said while starting to walk to the door.

"No I mean for last night", he said.

"Mmm your welcome", I said and continued towards the door.

"I have depression disorder", he said and I stopped walking and turned around to look at him. His head was facing downward looking at the food.

"It's been three years since I knew about it. The doctor gave me pills but it doesn't help. When I'm depressed I either end up cutting myself or getting really drunk", he said looking up at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Why haven't I ever seen the skin marks?", I asked.

"Thanks to God, I have good skin. My marks only stay for less than two weeks", he said and I sat beside him on the bed.

"Did that argument yesterday with your sister made you depressed?", I asked and he looked at me. "You were pretty loud in your office", I said.

"Every single day she reminds me that it was my fault our dad isn't still alive today", he said and his eyes soften.

"What do you mean?", I asked while sitting next to him.

"I was driving and my dad was in the front seat while Ashley was on her phone ( like always) in the back seat. My dad and I were having a huge argument in the car. He was telling me how i needed to grow up, straighten out my life so that I can take over the business", he took a deep breath to calm his self down. "I was always telling him that I'm a grown man and he cant tell me what to do with my life", he said and his voice cracked a little. "The car infront of me press its breaks coming to a complete stop and I......(his lips shivers)...I turn the wheel as hard as I can to the right to avoid hitting the car infront of me but I ended up hitting a tow truck and than a tree. After that I blocked out", he said with tears flowing down his cheeks.

Toby POV

"When I woke up I was in a hospital bed. The nurse came and told me that my sister was okay but my dad was in a coma. When I was good to go, me and Ashley waited in the hospital until he woke up. When the nurse came and told us that he was awake, I thought that everything would be okay", I said trying to control my tears.

"We were by his bed side and he spent about five hours telling me how I needed to start caring for Ashley more and be more mature", Bay squeezed my hand.

"My dad slept over night and I carried Ashley home and got food on the way. As soon as I was ready for bed, I got a phone call saying that he passed away even though he looked perfectly fine at the hospital", I said while wiping my eyes.

"Starting from the day of his funeral, I took over the business and Ashley has never failed to remind me that it was my fault".

Bay is the only person I have ever told this story too.

"You spent to much time being sad Toby, now its time for you to be happy", she said.

I gave a little smile to lighten the mood and started to eat my breakfast. I don't like people pitying me.

"It's delicious", I said with a mouth full. She smiled and left the room.