three

chapter three

chapter three

-

"Wake up, wake UP." Rosie prodded Lily, gently tugging at her bright red hair.

"Merlin, why are you up so early? You went to sleep at 3!" Lily groaned as she yanked the covers over her head.

"And you would know that how?" Rosie insinuated, raising her eyebrow at the groggy redhead.

"Because I went to sleep at the same time," she moaned.

"Great, now that that's settled, let's get to breakfast." Rosie smiled and dragged her out of her bed.

"Do you wanna wake up Marlene or..." Lily asked, staring at the stirring blonde figure across from them.

"You can do it, I've already done my hair and I'm not really in the mood to do it again," Rosie paused briefly and gave Lily a 'sorry' look. "Hope you survive," she added weakly.

"Wouldn't count on it," Lily mumbled under her breath as she warily walked towards Marlene. She gently poked Marlene's arm and lightly called out her name.

Her method eventually worked as Marlene sleepily turned to look at Lily, nodding slightly and rolling off the bed onto the floor. Really? Lily wakes her up and she's not even fazed, but when I wake her up it's as if the world is ending, Rosie thought with a betrayed expression.

Rosie grumbled slightly to herself and reached for the leftover cookies on her nightstand as Lily briskly walked past her towards the bathroom. She fell back into her bed and sighed at the feeling of the soft covers.

At least classes don't start until tomorrow.

--

"Good morning, beautiful." Sirius smirked as he took a seat across from Rosie, who blushed while grumbling internally at the new nickname that Sirius had given her.

"Why are you sitting wi - "

"I see that you've brought cookies," he acknowledged the clear container sitting on the side of her plate. Rosie nodded, mildly annoyed that he had interrupted her, and continued to chew on her buttered toast. "Could I have some?" he asked, slowly inching his body over the table.

"Knock yourself out," she mumbled, too unbothered to truly care. His smile widened as he opened the container and reached for the cookies.

"Where's Lily?" he curiously asked, some cookie crumbs falling out of his mouth as he chewed. Rosie cringed in disgust before answering that Lily had to talk to someone and told her to wait for her.

"Hey, I thought those cookies were only for Peter and me?" Remus broke the silence as he sat down on the seat next to Rosie. She rolled her eyes and lightly hit his shoulder, noting that he was starting to look sick again.