1| First Meeting

F I R S T M E E T I N G

W O R D C O U N T: 1409

I request you to vote and comment on all the chapters.

The book is now
C O M P L E T E

Happy reading ❤️

"But I don't want to marry him

"But I don't want to marry him. Aunty please just try and understand. I won't bother you or your son anymore. Please aunty for the sake of ALLAH." I cried, begging her for some mercy. I didn't want to marry that ruthless monster I met a couple of days ago.

"Will you please stop it? Stop making me feel as though I have committed a big crime. Be grateful. who would have married you? I had to pay a price for it. Now stop acting so stubborn with me." My aunt snapped at me.

Although Nabiha was my baby sister, she didn't care. I love her to pieces but for some odd reason my love wasn't reciprocated, like always. I was used to it and never cried in front of any other person but today was something different.

Today all my dreams had been shattered. It all started after my aunt informed me that there was a family who was interested in marrying their son to me.

T W O D A Y S B A C K

According to my aunt if he concurred to marry me, I should consider myself lucky and fortunate. So they were coming on a dinner tonight, to meet me.

At around 7.30 in the evening, the door bell rang indicating that the expected guests had arrived. Not that I was dieing to marry him or anybody. I just agreed to it out of respect that I had for my uncle and aunt. They never loved me but they loved and adored Nabiha, and that was enough for me.

For the very first time of my existence, my aunt got me a dress. I was beyond delighted. It was beautiful and appealing, and I had a matching hijab for it too. So I wore it and headed to the hall where everyone was seated. I don't know why I felt butterflies flying too high in the pit of my stomach.

"Assalam o alaikum" I said meekly. My voice a meer whisper to my own ears. I wondered how everyone else heard it.

"Walaikum assalam Anaabiya. Come here." The middle aged women who I assume to be my would be mother in law said. She ushered me to where she was sitting.

"You look lovely." She beamed and I felt better. She spoke to me for quite some time. She asked me about my interests, qualifications and so on.