Chapter 17- Or Else Pikachu Will Suicide

I mean no offence to the show Pokemon. This Pikachu thing is only used as a joke.

Asher's POV

It was me.

I was the first one to pull away or else this might have escalated into something more, I'm not sure. Ha, rhyme.

I won't say that I felt sparks. Or got this weird happy feeling within me. None of that happened. It was just a kiss, something I've done quite a lot of times. I know how it feels, how to react to it.

But at the same time, I can't deny the fact that this was not even a little bit sorta special. It felt different, good or bad, I don't know. All I knew was that I won't be forgetting this night for a long time.

Although, I do vaguely remember Cass mentioning that Jess had taken the decision to remain a spinster for the rest of her life. She hadn't mentioned why though. Cass...I won't be able to face her without feeling guilty. I just kissed her best friend.

And technically, the whole thing is my fault cause I was the sober one here. I should have stopped all this from ever even happening.

I'm an idiot, aren't I?

No one cared what we were doing as most of the people in here were drunk. No one had seen this. This was one good point, I guess.

"What's the matter Ash? Did you lose Pikachu again?" Jess slurred, but in a cute way.

And there we go with the Pokemon joke again.

"I'm not Ash Ketchum. And I most definitely do not own a Pikachu." I muttered.

"You sure about that?" She spoke with a raised eyebrow. And she did it just perfectly. Did she forget about the kiss already?

"Yep." I said, getting up from the uncomfortable and slightly awkward position.

"Well that's too bad. Cause I'm gonna call you Ash. And don't worry, I'll help you find Pikachu too. Don't cry, okay?" She got up and placed a hand on my shoulder assuringly.

Is it me or is this getting out of hand?

I had read this somewhere that small kids and drunk adults are not so different. They both conduct themselves poorly in public. They both are totally unable to predict when they'll pass out.

So, I decided to treat Jess like one of my students now.

"Thanks for the support. But I know where my Pikachu is." I spoke trying to show some sort of worry on my face. It might or might not have come out as a constipated look.

"You do? Really?" She spoke, her words slightly mixing together and her eyes widening in shock.

"Yeah, wanna meet him?" I said with excitement in my voice.

"I'd love to!" She squealed. The next thing I know, she's jumping up and down like anything which jumps up and down.

"Great! Follow me and don't leave my hand even for a second. Or else Pikachu will suicide." I threatened and desperately hoped that this would work.

A look of absolute horror came on her face. She looked at me like I was a creature from Mars. Shock and horror.

"You don't want that, do you?" I asked her. She shook her head from left to right. I'll take that as a no.