Chapter 65

*HELLO, EVERYONE. HOW HAVE YOU ALL BEEN? THIS IS A FAIRLY LONG CHAPTER, AND I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD LET YOU ALL START YOUR READING RIGHT AWAY. I HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL DAY OR NIGHT. c: *

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 65

Ao's POV

[Two Months Later]

Kayla enveloped me in a big hug as soon as I had opened the front door to the estate. I giggled excitedly as she shook me a little, announcing proudly, "Happy birthday, Ao!!"

Once she let go, I finally saw Craig and Xavier walking in too. The both of them gave me hugs and wished me a happy birthday.

"Ahh! You're finally sixteen," Craig proclaimed happily, "My Blue-Boo is growing up!"

"You're sounding like a parent," I remarked.

Kayla chimed in, "Ooh, who's the mother in the relationship?!"

"Craig," Xavier stated immediately, making Craig flash him an irritable glance.

"I like the sound of Mama Craig," I joked.

"Papa Xavier?," Kayla suggested.

Xavier shrugged. "Sure."

"Your contact names are so getting changed," the blonde girl said as she pulled out her phone. Craig groaned loudly.

Entering the foyer, my mother put a hand on my shoulder and held up a camera in her other hand. "Let me take a picture of you all," she said with a warm smile.

After gathering together and staying still for a few moments, we all checked out the pictures that Okaasan took.

"By the time you all come back, these will be ready," my mother said. "Please come back safely and have a nice time!" She turned to me and stated, "Remember, no later than seven P-M, or else we'll miss the dinner reservation your father and I made for eight o'clock."

"Okay," I said, and nodded. I turned to my friends and said, "Let me just get my jacket and we'll head off." Everyone waited in the foyer while I rushed upstairs to my bedroom. Upon entering it, I grabbed a blue jacket and checked myself in my mirror. With a big smile, I inhaled and exhaled, ready to start the day.

It's been a long time since we've been to an aquarium. I wonder if they have new creatures and exhibits...!

"Possibly," I chirped as I adjusted my blouse. I heard Sam chuckle contentedly.

You look beautiful, birthday girl.

I blushed and giggled. "Thanks, Sam.."

Don't forget the keys to the estate. Just in case.

"Right." I walked over to my nightstand and pulled out a drawer to grab my keys. Just as I was about to close it, my eyes shifted to the black box that lay on top of the nightstand. I stared at it for a few moments in silence.

It's been about two months since I was given the box by Jeff, who said it was something only meant for me. I was able to open it, but all I had found was another small black box. It couldn't be opened, though, but it did have strange, metal prongs at the back of it. On its side were tiny bulbs, letting me know that it could run by electricity. What confused me more was that there was no port to connect it to anything, as well as no manufacturing engravings. It was practically useless, but I'm supposed to do something with this. I just don't know what at this point..