Chapter Twenty-One

Please listen to the song on the side while reading this! :)

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"Hey Thomas!"

No reply.

"Thomas?"

He carried on ignoring me, his back-turned as his eyes stayed firmly on his Chemistry textbook. He appeared to be reading about the reactivity of metals, and he was trying to act as if he was ever-so engrossed in it.

The book was upside-down.

"Thomas, guess what? You know-" I started saying, but then Thomas stood up from his desk and walked to the other side of the room, where he went to sit against the wall. His head was still buried in his upside-down chemistry book.

Oh come on, Thomas, I thought to myself. I knew it was hopeless. I knew he hated me, I knew he wasn't an exception to thinking I was an attention-seeking brat. That scared me. I didn't want an argument; but I needed someone to rely on. I wasn't sure what he was going to say; I never usually approached him, it was always him following me around. And although I found it excruciatingly annoying, I had gotten used to his constant company. It was quite endearing, if you asked me. I followed him, slowly losing hope.

He was definitely avoiding me.

Everyone wanted to avoid me.

"Thomas, please, I'm sorry for whatever I've done, please, I just-"

"So you don't even know what you've done?" Thomas literally threw down his book and stared me in the eye.

I stayed silent. Of course I knew. I had been a stupid, attention-seeking...

"Okay, H-T-G-A-L. Do you know what those letters stand for, Lexi?" Thomas said accusingly. I didn't even know he had it in him to look at me with such anger. I always thought that if you opened up Thomas's head, it would be a mixture of carrot cakes and algebra equations.

Well, obviously he had sarcasm in there somewhere as well, because I definitely knew what those letters stood for.

And he appeared to as well.

"No," I lied automatically. How did Thomas know How To Get A Life?

He couldn't know How To Get A Life...

Thomas raised his eyebrows. "Let's try again. Do you know the website How To Get A Life, dot com?"

How did he know How To Get A Life? "No." I knew this was a prime example of a spiral of lies, but I couldn't stop.

"Okay, so do you know this person? LexiPainter123?"

My jaw dropped open for a few seconds, before I closed it again. Wait. How did he find my username? "No," I said, gulping. I was just digging myself into a bigger and bigger hole of lies, but if I kept denying it, he would shut up, there wasn't any proof, was there?

How?

"Oh really? This other Lexi sounds exactly like you, surprisingly enough," Thomas said sarcastically. I thought sarcasm wasn't one of the six languages he had learned. Thomas the geek, being sarcastic? Thomas took an old Samsung Galaxy out of his pocket. I didn't think he even had his own phone. "Hey, I'm Lexi and I live in Wolverhampton. This is my blog. How many Lexi's live in Wolverhampton?"