16.

Black. That's what I saw. Just darkness. I looked around and for the first time felt trapped. I felt scared. My breathing became rugged because I was hyperventilating. But then a bright light came across my vision. It swep'd   back and forth a couple times before stopping. I tried to call it back but nothing came out my mouth.
I couldn't hear nor see anything.
I couldn't feel my limbs either.
I staid in the darkness for what seemed like forever. All I wanted to do was have my sense back.
The light came through again but it wasn't much. That's when everything became loud.
"We need to get her lungs full of air. She needs to be forced to breath now!" I tried to move away from the loud voice but found I was not able to move.
"Get her stable! Remove the bandage and put something clean on it! Her lungs need to move people!" That's when I felt my lungs trying to contract.
"She's stable!" Air was forced into my lungs making them hurt.
"Not to much she has two broken ribs!" Another shouted.
After a lot of yelling I guessed that they wheeled me to my room.
"Is she alright?!" My mom was close to me.
"Yes her lungs were having trouble contracting. Not because of the ribs but because that there is still blood in there. We got most of it out and she should be good for now."
"Thank you." I heard the door close before I felt warmth touch my face.
"My baby." She whispered. Feeling started to go down from my head all the way to my toes. There was a tube in my mouth. "I'm so sorry this happened to you. My god why did this have to happen to you?" She sobbed.
I laid there letting her weep on me. I've never wanted her presence more than I did at that moment.
After some time of people coming to me and talking about shared moments I smiled internally.
"Hello Em." Bexs voice came. "You're not supposed to get yourself hurt when on a run." She giggled before taking my hand like so many others did. "Do you remember the first time we met? I do. You were in the pool at the hotel in England and I had gone down for a dip. At first you didn't know who I was. But I recognized you because your mother had showed me an album on her phone that had all the photos of you." I listened to her talk. "Emilee, you said something to me that day that I will never forget. You told me that our demons are only fallen angles. I thought a lot on that. Just because I have been hurt in the past doesn't mean that I need to let my demons get me down." She stopped for a moment. "If you die a lot of people will miss you. Your mom has consulted with me. She said that if you die she will quit acting. You know that if she does that she will loose her light. You need to not only fight for her but for yourself as a person. A lot of us in this world loose ourselves trying to please others. But if we don't look deep down inside ourselves we will do just that. Please stay. This world needs you." She kissed my cheek before leaving and my mom walked in.
"Hey sweet heart. Audrey wants to say a few words but before she does I need to tell you a story." The door closed. "Once upon a time. A little girl was walking the streets of New York with her Mamí and Abuela. She had just gotten to get her Abuela tonbuy her an ice cream cone. A man had walked up to her Mamí and requested that she go to a place with him that she would have to be away from her daughter. But the little girl stepped between the man and her Mamí and said, "Sir my mom is mine get lost." And she took her Mamí and Abuelas hands and walked off after dumping the ice cream cone on the mans shoe. That little girl was you miha. You stood up for me when I was left without words. I just wanted you to know that you're the reason I get up every mourning. I love you." I felt lips pressed to my nose and forehead.
A moment later Audrey was laying next to me in the bed.
"Please don't leave me." She whispered.
I felt a tear run down my cheek because I realized I need my mom. I need her more than I need oxygen.

Be grateful for your mother everyday. Some of you may not be on speaking terms with her or she may just be out of your life but one day and it's gonna happen. You're going to look back and realize that your mom is the person that will always be the first person you felt close to. I don't have the luxury of being in the same state as my mom and that's killing me because I know one day I might not be able to see her face for the last time.