Chapter 8

Enjoy. Comment and press that star on the bottom if you want more.
*

His hands seem to have a mind of their own. They caressed and squeezed her legs while he drove.

Rosalinda's brows crinkled in curiosity. "Where's your chauffeur?"

The soft look he had on his face was gone, replaced with a stern serious one. "Why? What's he to you?"

"Are you jealous?" She asked nipping at her cake making sure not to drop crumbs anywhere in the expensive car.

He laughed. "Yes, if I can't have you no-one else can."

Rosalinda looked over to him. "I'm not your toy."

"Maybe not, but you'll give sooner or later."

It was her turn to shake her head. Looking over they arrived at her old apartment building.  Rosalinda felt unease at her old home, she no longer wanted to acknowledge the past events that occurred in that apartment.

As if he sensed her discomfort he seized her chin making her look into his eyes. He made it a habit of touching her, not that she minded at all; she was growing to like his touch. Loving the rough texture of his fingers rubbing against her skin.

"What is it? You look terrified."

Looking away from him and back at the building she shook her head. "Nothing."

"Rosalinda that expression didn't look like nothing. What's wrong?" He pried.

She couldn't tell him what happened to her. They hardly knew each other; he would think she was stupid for letting someone like Julian come into her life.

"I live with Sherry at the moment." He squinted his blue eyes at her. It wasn't easy ignoring the look he was giving her at the moment.

"Sooner or later you're going to tell me." He declared.

Clenching her teeth in annoyance Rosalinda refused to talk or acknowledge the subject as a whole. She just wanted to go home and prepare for another day of work. Rosalinda asked for long hours so she could save up enough for books, and hopefully an apartment. Once school starts her hours would have to be shortened to make time for her studies.

Taking the last bit of her cake she crumpled up the paper in her hand. She heard him chuckle from beside. Turning her head she looked at him and raised a curious brow.

The corner of his lips quirked up the tiniest fraction; he almost gave her a genuine smirk. Not the usual cold smirks that she knew very well it was forced. "I wouldn't kill you to smile you know."

His face turned back to the neutral expression he carried; making it difficult for Rosalinda to read. "Where do I go to drop you off?"

Rosalinda straightened her back against the car seat as she rubbed her upper arms in comfort. She gave him the exact directions as she kept her gaze straight using her hair as a curtain. Rosalinda was able to see him and the tight grip he had on the steering wheel, but he couldn't see her.

Mr. Wyatt reverted to his cold nature too quickly as if it were his armor. Rosalinda didn't like it, Julian would tend to become as quite as him and later lash out. The last thing she wanted is for him to lash out at her in such a small enclosed space.

"Move in with me." He spoke rather sharply.

She couldn't tell if it was a question or a straight demand; either way, the answer was going to be no.

"That's not happening Mr. Wyatt," Rosalinda said in a formal tone. She was shocked as to how sharp and cold she sounded.

He didn't like it. The car sharply stopped and the engine was cut off. "Damn it, Rosalinda." He growled.