11. Blood Tarts

"Huh, my science professor told me that there is a high probability of other beings, besides humans, to exist in the universe

"Huh, my science professor told me that there is a high probability of other beings, besides humans, to exist in the universe. I guess he was right."

You and Yoongi had explained everything to Jin and now the three of you were standing around a waiting shed, drinking bubble tea, which was bought with Jin's pocket money.

Jin, to be precise, was sitting on his motorcycle, one leg folded, his foot resting on the seat, and the other hovering above the pedal. He was wearing his helmet (he wanted to conceal his face and his identity from the public, since he had faked his own death), blonde strands of hair sticking out just above his eyes. He had changed back into his all-black leather get-up, the same clothes he wore when you first met.

You were on the bench, swinging both of your legs, your hair tied into a bun and hidden under your hoodie. Your katana had shrunk back into a knife, so you conveniently placed it in your pocket. Since you were on the watchlist, you had to hide your face as well.

Yoongi, the only one who didn't need to hide his face, was doing tricks with Jin's skateboard, which was found rotting away in his huge garage. The older's words made him scrunch his eyebrows in both disgust and confusion. "Please don't speak in college-student, not all of us graduated from high school, you know."

Jin side-eyed Yoongi before he scoffed loudly. You could still feel tension between the two bearers and you knew that their gems being polar opposites contributed to this. "I'm just saying that I'm surprised about the existence of aliens."

"Funny," You smirked a bit and continued to sip on your bubble tea, the minty flavor tingling your taste buds. "That's what Yoongi said too."

"What's that supposed to mean, Cloud?"

"Nothing, flame-boy."

"Yah---"

"Sorry to interrupt your little quarrel," Jin coughed loudly, crushing the empty plastic cup in his hands and tossing it towards a trash can, which went in perfectly. "What should we do now? Sky said that we've got a few months to find the rest of the wonders, so where do we start looking?"

You turned silent and shook your cup of bubble tea, the ice clashing together and making noises inside. Jin was obviously implying that the three of you should make a move instead of calmly drinking bubble tea next to the road, and you knew he was right.

However, you had no idea what your next move should be. K disappeared once again, not answering to any of your calls. You wondered why she was gone so often, since she was a spirit living in your mind. What the hell do spirits do?

"...I think we should keep looking around the city," You said after a while, remembering what K told you when you found out you were a Guardian. "I know that most of the wonders are here, but I can't pinpoint where and who they are exactly."