Chapter 42: All You Have To Do Is Ask.

It's not that big of a deal. Why am I overthinking?
I don't know, maybe because you hardly know anything about the guy you thought was your friend.
Then again, he never willingly told me anything personal about himself.
Because you never asked.
He wouldn't bring someone that wasn't his sibling to a sibling photoshoot.
THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SAME SURNAME.

"Still doing that I see."

"Huh?"

"I'm well aware that that's your name." He chuckled, taking a seat on one of the stools in front of me. "Glad to see some things never change."

"Right." I sighed, continuing to wipe the coffee cup in my hands.

So he just shows up out of nowhere when I think about him, great timing man.

"I feel like I haven't been here in ages." He said, trying to pick up the conversation I had left on the ground to die. "What's new?"

"News? Why would I have news? It's not like I just found something out and have to go all Nancy Drew on you." I laughed hesitantly, continuing to energetically wipe the already clean rim of the cup.

He let out a small chuckle and shook his head. "You confuse me." And in one swift motion, he snatched the table cloth out of my hand and sat on it. I rolled my eyes and made my way around the bar and tried pulling the free end that was dangling on one side of the stool but to no avail, making the straight face he tried to keep crack and crumble.

"Very mature." I rolled my eyes, heaving a sigh of defeat, heading towards the others who were huddled around each other at one corner of the café. "Hey guys."

My three comrades turned to face me with a mix of surprise and frustration written on their faces. Claire was the first to speak her mind. "No, we're not planning anything or doing anything or planning on doing anything."

Alexander face palmed himself while Dylan pursed his lips, patting Claire on the shoulder. "Real smooth." He told her, before speaking to me. "Mr Ramirez made a couple of adjustments to our shift schedule."

Ever since Bethany's incident, we had to work more hours for obvious reasons. I hated how Mr Ramirez would just switch things up out of the blue whenever he felt like it and not tell us directly.

"The only change in yours is on Thursday. You don't have to come in until later on that day."

Now THAT caught my attention.

"How late we talking here, Dyl?" I questioned.

"Three."

"YOU'RE SHITTING ME! " I couldn't help but yell. "THREE O'CLOCK?! THAT'S LIKE, JUST BEFORE WE CLOSE UP!!"

"Exactly." Alexander spoke up. "You'd be on lock up duty, of course."

"Heck, if I only have to work for two hours, I'll lock this place up with a smile on my face."

As Thomas made his existence relevant once again by standing next to me and joining the group, Alexander mumbled something to Dylan which made him look at the both of us. Before I could ask why they were acting so weird, Alexander walked towards us and placed a hand on my shoulder, pointing with his other hand at something behind me. He inched in and whispered. "Isn't that your sugar daddy minus the sugar?"

Responding to his question with a look of plain confusion, I looked over my shoulder and laid eyes on a familiar face, sat a table on the other end of the café. Without even thinking twice about it, I found myself practically running towards him. "Hi!" I excitedly greeted, panting like the little unfit sloth that I was.