Chapter 12 A shift so painful

"Imagine her", he said.

"But how will I know what she will look like?" I ask.

"It'll come to you" he says softly.

I nod, before closing my eyes and follow his orders.

I can soon see a Snow White wolf, just like like mothers, with bright gold eyes.

A rush of pain spreads across my body like wild fire, I scream out and clutch my stomach, my bones snap in multiple places making me fall the the ground.

My clothes rip and fur soon sprouts, causing an eruption of pain to follow suite.

For an hour I lay on the ground in pain. My very first shift.

Hello Della, a voice says in my head.

"Who are you?" I ask panicked.

I'm your wolf, she responds calmly.

"Do you have a name?" I ask.

No, we do not possess a name.

"Oh"

"Della?" I look up at my father who is looking at me worriedly, I look at him and try to grin in my wolf form.

He smiles and brings me in for a hug. "I'm so proud of you, Little Wolf"

I let out a happy bark and softly nip at his skin, before sprinting off. Not long after a huge black wolf is by my side. He carefully but playfully pushed my side.

I smile and ran faster, but him being bigger than me, easily catches up.

We run around for what feels like forever. My wolf's powerful legs take us at full speed for miles, but, somehow, never got tired.

I quickly stop when I see a women ahead. Her arms are crossed over her chest, with a frown covering her face.

Father stops beside me and bows his head slightly, with a guilty look on his face.

When she looks at me she smiles brightly.

"Della, look at you! I'm sorry I wasn't there to witness your first shift", she says giving father a pointed look.

"You look beautiful", she says kneeling in front of me.

I smile at my mother as she scratches my ear, I close my eyes enjoying the feeling.

When I open them, I'm no longer in the woods of England. But in a dark murky room.

A girl screaming, catches my attention.

"Someone help me!!" She screamed again, only louder and more hoarse than before, there were rivers of tears running down her blurry face.

She cried out again, but no one answered.

I step closer to her, her blurry face slowly becoming more clear.

It's a little girl with long snow white hair and her blue eyes filled with terror and tears. Blood covered her arms and her little body. She lay on a table, strapped down.