Chapter Four

She would have landed straight on her ass and potentially caused some damage if a pair of strong arms hadn't wrapped themselves around her and steadied her. And then she felt herself falling backwards again.

Violet landed on the freezing ground in the snow a split second later, on top of a pair of legs. Her eyes widened at the feeling of snow seeping through her clothes, like daggers poking at her skin, but after a moment she scrambled up from the floor and dusted the snow off her coat.

"What the fu—" She stopped herself before she could say anything obscene and cleared her throat. "What on earth were you trying to achieve by that?"

She looked up through her glasses and her eyes fell upon the boy standing behind her, looking embarrassed. He was fairly tall, much taller than her (which wasn't difficult). His dark hair was styled in a cute little quiff on top of his head, and his cheeks were slightly chubby but in an adorable way, and with a soft pink tint to them due to the awkward encounter. He wore a white shirt, black jeans and a leather jacket. He was beautiful.

Violet felt her cheeks become hot, but she tried not to let it affect her defiant facial expression.

"I'm sorry," he apologised. He had a heavy Liverpudlian accent. "I was trying to catch you, but I slipped as well. Damn these shoes, it would have been so romantic too."

Violet wanted to giggle, but she didn't. "Well, thanks for your concern. But I doubt I'd have hurt myself much anyway. You could've just left me like anyone else would."

"I'd never let a pretty bird like you fall without at least trying to break it," he grinned. Was that a wink? She tried to brush it away, but she could tell her cheeks were turning an even deeper red than before.

"Thanks for your effort," she said sincerely.

"Are you headed for the Cavern?" he asked her, indicating towards the building just ahead of them.

"Yeah, my friend Richard invited me to see a band perform," she explained.

"Oh, well, me too," he answered. "I'm actually a part of that band."

Well, this boy certainly wasn't John, Stu, Pete or George. He had to be Paul. She smiled a half-smile; the name suited him. Now she thought about it, she did vaguely recognise him from around school.

Paul offered her his arm. "Walk with me? I wouldn't want a lovely lady like yourself slipping again."

Violet glared at him. The back of her neck was aching from where it had struck his leg. Why did this boy care about her? She decided to take his arm, and the pair of them walked towards the Club's entrance. Paul pushed the door open and led Violet inside.

"I'm going to have to join the lads," Paul said with a smile when Violet got to the bar and ordered a glass of water. "It was nice meeting you ..."

"Violet," she filled in hesitantly, eventually shaking his hand.

"That's a beautiful name," he told her. She blushed again, and reddened even more when he kissed her cheek. Then he disappeared backstage, leaving Violet occasionally taking long sips out of her glass. Eventually Ringo arrived, and he took a seat beside her as they awaited the beginning of the show.

vote and comment! - Lauren <3