Chapter fifteen

Bay POV

Its been two weeks since Toby called me a slut. I avoided him the best way that I can when I'm at work. Trying not to be in the same room as him alone and not making eye contact with him in meetings.

He kept calling and texting me so I changed my number.

I want to be mad at him but I just can't. I got to attached to him and it's like he has a tight grip on my heart, now all I have to do is get detached. It's my fault for thinking he would accept me and my baby. It's my fault for risking it.

I knocked on his office door.

"Come in!", he said.

I opened the door and he was sitting behind his desk typing something on the computer.

I got the courage to start walking towards his desk.

He looked up and when he saw that it was me, he got up, walked around his desk to stand infront of me.

"I am so sorry for what I said to you Bay, I didn't mean any of that", he said in a soft tone, reaching for my hand, brushing his fingers against mine and making eye contact with me.

He looked like he hasn't had a good sleep in awhile. He had bags under his eyes and his eyes were red.

Good! He doesn't deserve sleep.

"Apology accepted Mr Williams", I said looking down and gently removing my hands from his.

"I c....", he started but I cut him off.

"Mr Williams, I came to tell you that it's time for me to take my maternity leave", I said reaching in my handbag and handing him my doctor's note.

I was holding the tears in because I didn't want him to see me cry.

"You can email me the information for when I will start work again", I said and my voice cracked a little at the end but I don't think he noticed.

I was about to walk away when I felt a tightening around my waist and I held my stomach in pain.

"What's wrong?", he asked, bending his knees to be eye level with me.

"I'm calling an ambulance", he said walking towards his desk.

"No no no! It's just a contraction", I said standing up straight as the pain start to ease.

"You okay?", he asked walking back to me,

"I'm okay Mr Williams, I'll see you in five months", I said than walked out of the office.

When I was walking to the lobby, I saw John and when he saw me, he walked away.

He has been avoiding me a lot lately and I actually don't have a problem with that.

Toby POV

I guess she put me back in the boss position in her life because she won't stop calling me Mr Williams.

I read her doctors note and it said that she should not be working until further notice because she has started her contractions.

I know nothing about pregnancy.

So I googled contractions and I understand that contractions happens when the woman is near labor.

Can't believe I'm going to be missing the birth of my child.

My door being slammed shut brought me out of my thoughts.

I looked up and saw Ashley walking towards my desk.

"When were you planning on tell me that your assistant was pregnant?", she said walking up to me with anger.

"Why would I? Apparently you haven't been treating me like family for years", I said not looking away from my computer screen.

"Is it yours?" , she asked putting her hands on her hip.

"Yes!", I shouted but still didn't remove my eyes from the screen because she was annoying me.

"She is probably a gold digger Toby!", she shouted back and I got mad, move across my desk to stand in front of her with anger written all over my face.

"I tell you she's having my freaking child Ash and you need to stay the hell out of it!", I said it so loud that I might have spit in her face a little but I didn't care.

I wasn't depressed or sad, I was just mad at myself and I was taking it all out on Ashley. She didn't deserve that so I calmed myself down.

"You love her don't you?", she asked smiling.

I took a deep breath "a lot", I said leaning on my desk.

"I really messed up this time Ashley", I said lowering my head.

"I'm going to be here for you this time. I need to start treating you like family again", she said and I looked at her confused.

"Are you going to move back home?"

"I'm sorry for everything but I won't be moving back. Thank you for putting up with me for so long", she said and hugged me.

I was surprised but hugged her back anyway. She's my baby sister.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked not letting go of her.

"You're my only enemy I can't live without", she said holding me tighter and I laughed.