Chapter Twenty-Seven

Better Than Revenge 

Chapter 27

“Sex scenes are good for movies, Soph,” Christian stated impatiently. “You should know this already.” 

I glared at him. “Don’t treat me like I’m stupid, Christian! How on earth could you possibly expect me to believe that sex scenes are good for movies?” 

“They attract people, for one,” he said, counting the reasons off on his fingers. “They add passion to the movie. They’re not dirty, as you’re probably thinking, and don’t even lie! I know that’s what you’re thinking.” 

I closed my mouth in annoyance because that was what I was thinking. 

“If they’re done right, they’re classy,” he finished. 

“Thank you, Christian,” Nora said, smiling gratefully at him. “And I haven’t even said that we’re doing the scene yet, Sophia, so don’t look at me like that. I’m just informing you that it’s still a possibility.”

I literally bit down on my tongue to stop the remarks that threatened to erupt. 

“I’m fine with the scene, honestly,” Christian said with a shrug. 

“Of course. He’s better at sex than pretty much anyone.” 

Nora and Christian both gave me weird, surprised looks. 

“Now all he needs is a partner.” 

I seriously wondered how they still never realized there would always be some rude comment added at the end of those. 

“As I was saying, Nora,” Christian said, shooting me a dirty look, “whatever you decide, I’m cool with it.” 

“Of course you are,” I repeated crossly. 

“What does that mean?” he asked, seeming very offended. 

He really should learn to keep his mouth shut. The more questions he asked, the more insults I was given the chance to generate. 

“You know what it means,” I said, crossing my arms over my chest. 

Christian raised an eyebrow at me. “Do you really expect me to know what goes on in that twisted little brain of yours?”

I rolled my eyes. “It means you’re a hoe-bag, Chrissy.” 

“Quit calling me that. It’s so unmanly…” 

I loved how he just completely ignored the fact that I had just called him a hoe-bag just because his manliness was questioned. 

“Whatever, Chrissy.” I snickered. 

It suddenly dawned on Christian at this moment that I had called him a hoe-bag. “Wait, I’m not a hoe-bag!” 

I gave him a look. Was he serious? “Don’t even deny it. Seriously. Why don’t you just tie the mattress to your back already?” 

Nora was still standing there, just watching in amusement. She had learned to put up with our banter and she seemed to enjoy it most of the time… as long as it wasn’t interfering with her job, of course. 

He shot me an annoyed look. “Must you turn everything into an insult?” 

“Must you take every insult so offensively?”

“How can I not?” 

 I shrugged. “Easy. Quit being such a sissy.”  And with that, I walked away.