Unraveling

"What?!" Angel repeated once more and stared Roy down in the face. Roy glanced at her lips, but noticed that Angel had noticed.

"I didn't do it!" He held his hands up and backed away a little.

"Yes, you did." Abason crossed his arms.

"What?!" Roy hollered.

Angel looked him in the eye, he grew quiet and then he spoke seriously.

"No. I didn't."

"He's lying."

Abason began with a high look. From Angel's view, he just seemed so sure.

Roy rubbed his face in frustration. "Angel, you have to believe me."

Roy seemed sincere, but Angel didn't believe it entirely.

"Please.."

"He did. I know it." Abason went on.

"I know what I did! And I did NOT kiss her!"

Things were beginning to become more defensive by the moment, but Angel could not think as well because of what Abason proclaimed.

"He's lying! I tell you!"

But then Angel got a grip on her thoughts and then began to speak in the midst of their arguement.

"Are you..." She couldn't keep a straight face for a second and took hold of herself."telling me the truth, Roy?"

"Yes.." He looked at the ground, "You have to believe me..I-I just.."

"Look me in the eye, Roy."

Angel's eyes began to pierce Roy sharply, he felt a little guilty in it all for he was going to, but he knew he did not do what Abason claimed he did.

He looked up to meet her face even if he was feeling a bit heavy on his shoulders.

"I didn't do it."

He said it. This time more serious.

He wasn't lying, but his eyes failed him once more for he knew he would have if he had not been knocked back to his senses when the Fate Few went out.

Now he looked back down to the ground and sighed in frustration. He believed that Angel didn't believe what he was saying, hated it because a jealous prince boy that Angel barely knew was telling her that he did, and it was beginning to look like she did believe him! But he couldn't blame her for such, because they both knew that he tried to do it when Angel was awake. He hated himself for doing so..he should have known she would not like what he had done. Under his breath, he cursed the devil and blamed his flesh for it for tempting him. He didn't quite understand how sin worked or how Angel believes it could be removed or forgiven, but he wanted it to be gone forever. He was imperfect and he knew it. Angel herself would mention at times, she wasn't perfect, but whenever she did mention so, he would think that she is, when she isn't. Roy knew that he likes her, but in his mind he believes he could never be with a good girl such as her. He would feel guilty for it, and he knew it. Yet, even if he liked her for many things, something seems to grope in his heart, a desire that pulls and yanks his strings.

And he knew it was wrong.
~~~~~
Angel got the whole thing situated by finally getting Abason outside and telling him to wait outside for her. She told both of the boys that they were going to have a talk.

A talk. A really serious talk.

Angel shut the door behind her, wiped imaginary dust of her shoulders and legs, and then looked Roy again straight in the eyes. She learned how to give the piercing eyes that Archie could give, and boy, was she good at it. Roy felt his breath getting heavy and labored, so was his ability to keep his eyes straight to hers.