Recover

Bump. Bump. Bump. Angel's body jumped up and down as she slept. She turned to get in a better position, but it felt no better.

Bump.

The bump awakened her and she bolted up cross at her disturbance. Her head throbbed and so did her body. She felt as if her head had a heart beat. She spun her head around slowly in pain only to see she was in the inside of a horse pulled wagon. The galloping beat in her head and every bump made the ride uneasy. The wagon was covered with linen leaving a thin roof; light blurring as it penetrated.

She sat up seeing that she had been lying on sacs that appeared to be filled with flour. It was a decent bedding compared to the wood floor of the wagon, but they were piled in such a way that made her body ache. She tried to get up, wobbly as it was, so she grabbed on a post for support. She clinged to the post rising slowly until she finally got her stand. Her body mourned to lie back down and fall on something, but she had to see where she was at.

That prince...is so gonna...

Bump.

She dropped to the floor abruptly stopping her thoughts. "Ohh..." Luckily, she hadn't fallen on her face for she brought her arms to the front and bent her knees. It scratched her pants making the impact vibrate through her leg.

She kept bouncing at the rough riding, and it seemed to be in a rush. Wind seemed to swoop in underneath the linen cover, sneaking in through the gaps that weren't sealed to the wagon. She instead began to crawl, her hands fumbling on the floor. She was getting close to the back of the wagon and sure enough she was there. She peeked under a little flap of fabric to see what was behind the wagon. Her eyes spotted two men on their horses from behind. They were coversing, but Angel couldn't make out anything from what they were saying through the galloping and the wind. She then glanced below seeing the grass and dirt they were riding on. The floor of the earth seemed to be far beyond reach to touch. It became like a deep chasm to her mind, but she threw the thought away.

I have to get out of here...

She went back in to see if her things were with her, but she doubted it. She searched for anything she could use to devise a way to escape. She knew she was a dead girl once they figured out who she really was. She didn't want that. She didn't want to die that way. To die in the enemies arms on her knees because she didn't escape out of the many chances she took. Today was not gonna be the death of her.

She scrambled into the wagon completely pretending she was not in pain, but she was. She knew it. But she knew that if she began to think she was really hurting, she would feel it. The wind and the cold helped her numbing her pain away like a medicine. However, she shivered. She felt the cold more now, than her bruises. She opened a sac of flour. An idea formed within her mind. It was the only thind inside the wagon, and she was gonna use it. She didn't care if these sacks were for the mens food; she was fighting for life. She fumbled trying to get one to open. Then she remembered another thing that came in handy. They must have not searched her entirely. She took out a knife from her boot. She sighed and thanked God for it. She began to drag the sacs the best she can to the back of the wagon.

Almost done...there.

She got them lined up on the back and began slashing them. Instantaniously, she opened the back linen of the wagon. The flour flew in the air like a fog just like she wanted. A smile crept on her face as the men in the back started yelling and coughing at the fog they took in. Angel didn't think, but just jumped off the wagon. She knew she was sore, but it was that or stay. She rolled out as the men at the back of the wagon collided with the ones in the front. it created a riot making the ones in front angry and confused.