029 | TANAKA RYUNOSUKE

FRIENDZONED

FRIENDZONED

 フレンドゾーン

Tanaka spiked the volleyball, the sound of his fist slamming the ball before it bounced off the gym floors, he whipped his head around, seeing his bestfriend sitting on the bleachers with her thumbs up gesture, smiling at him warmly. Tanaka became flustered and hid it with him bowing his head and returned back from spiking the ball.

Sugawara nudged the wing spiker's ribs, making him cough out. "What's that for, Suga-san?!" Tanaka complained, pouting and rubbed the spot where Koushi had nudged his ribs.

In the background, Daichi cracked his knuckles, an irk mark on his temple. "TANAKA! PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME!" Daichi hollered, Tanaka nodded frantically and dashed to his position in the game, which is the front.

You laughed, a smile plastered on your lips while you watched the game occur in front of you. Karasuno vs. Aoba Johsai. You switched your gaze to the ace of Seijoh, waving at him.

Iwaizumi nodded, dribbling the ball (wtf iwa dis is vball) before throwing the ball up to the air, him jumping after and with a crazed smile, he slammed the ball down.

Daichi couldn't receive the ball, Tanaka knew that and immediately went to where the ball was slammed to and received it with all his might but it ended up bouncing off in the Seijoh's net.

"Nice receive, Ryu!" Nishinoya slapped the said teenager's back, his game play boosting more. Nishinoya was amazed on how Tanaka received the ball when it's his job as a libero.

Nishinoya looked at the bleachers, seeing the familiar girl cheering Karasuno. A small smile went past his lips. "Of course she taught him."

"You did a great job receiving Iwa's serve!" You complimented his receives while you two were walking, a hand on his shoulders as you walked in front of the Karasuno team. They are currently residing to Ukai's convenience store, buying a couple of pork buns before they go home.

"Actually (f/n)-chan, how about we go home... I kinda need to finish my homeworks for today." Tanaka lied, pouting and scratched his right cheek with his fingertips.

Your eyes widen, and turned to face Daichi who is talking to Hinata. "Dai-chan! Ryu and I will go home now, he says he needs to finish his homeworks so bye!" You dragged Tanaka with you, as he stumbled from your forceful dragging.

"So he's going to confess, huh?" Daichi muttered loudly, the whole team nodding.

"I salute Ryu for his bravery!" Nishinoya shouted, earning a punch from the head by Sugawara.

"You baka! They might hear you!" Koushi scolded the libero who rubbed the bump on his head.

As the two of you walked back to your houses, Tanaka was surprisingly silent the whole time, making you nervous. You looked at the starry sky, a huff passing your lips. The sound of the crickets calming you down as you closed your eyes, inhaling the fresh air of Miyagi.

"H-hey (f/n)..." Tanaka stammered, a blush spread across his cheeks. He rubbed his hands in attempt to calm him down.

You opened one eye and looked at the flustered boy. "Hmm?"

"I-I... like y-you." He muttered out.

Your eyes rounded in surprise, looking at Tanaka with startled eyes. You chuckled nervously and tucked a strand of (h/c) behind your ear. "What are you saying, Ryu-chan? Is this a bet from the team? I bet that TsukiSHITma dared you to do thi-"

"No. I really like you." He said with a serious voice and face.

Your face fell.

"I-I'm sorry, Ryu-chan. You know I don't think of you more than a friend." You said with everlasting guilt as you turned your head to the side, not wanting to see his pained face.

"It's fine! You know, I'm kinda used to all of this!" Tanaka said before throwing his arms over your shoulders. "COME ON! LET'S RACE! THE ONE LOSES WILL HAVE A PUNISHMENT!" Before he sprinted off, leaving you.

"OI RYU-CHAN! MATTE!"

And as the two ran, Tanaka couldn't help but to stare at your carefree face. He doesn't want to give up, if he has to wait forever, then he will.

"I'll make you fall in love with me, just you wait."

  —  

bc we have reached 74k reads, i have to do a double update (yes hehe)