Chapter 1: Just Your Average Morning

"Honey, it's time for school!!"

It was a beautiful morning in Equestria, and in the village of PonyVille lived a couple. The mother was a white Alicorn princess named Celestia, while the father, strangely enough, was a draconequus named Discord.

Their child, however, was neither of these.

Instead, the filly was an earth pony, her bright yellow coat standing out amongst the red of her mane and tail, which were curled nicely, despite the bedmane she had from sleeping. Her eyes, instead of being light purple like her mother, or red like her father, were a dark green which faded into a dark blue. Despite having just woke up, she still looked as regal as her mother, and as crazy as her father.

"Alright, Ma!" she called from the bedroom, trotting into the kitchen to get some breakfast.

She couldn't help but giggle at the scene before her.

The breakfast table was upside down, yet the food somehow didn't fall to the crystal floor. The food itself was rather odd, but normal for this family. The pancakes were drizzled not with syrup, but with chocolate milk, which was also their drink, and the pancakes themselves were a deep purple. Sitting in the middle of the table was a small blue gravy train.

When Celestia saw the scene, she groaned.

"Discord, what in Equestria is this?" she demanded. This was the third time this week that he cooked breakfast.

"Pa always finds a way to make me smile, and this is it!" Solar Flare chuckled.

"Tomorrow, Dissy, I'm making breakfast. Got it?" Tia replied, trying her best to hold on a laugh of her own, and failing miserably.

The draconequus nodded. "Got it, KayKay!" he winked at the Alicorn.

Just then, they heard a honk from outside.

Solar Flare ate a bit of her pancake and took a sip from her chocolate milk. Then she grabbed her bag and ran out, right after saying goodbye to her parents. She got on the carriage, sitting down next to her friend, Spectre Ribbon, just as it took off towards the schoolhouse.

A/N I hope you enjoyed this!