Chapter 2

Randal's POV

I woke up Monday morning and groaned. It's the first day of school and I don't want to start my senior year. I'm 18 years old but since I was gone for over half a year, I got held back a year. I still can't believe they held me back; it wasn't my fault that I had to take care of some pack business. You see I live in a pack because I am a werewolf. In a pack there is an alpha, which is the leader, a beta, which is second in command, and a third in command. Then there are the pack doctors, warriors, and other pack members. And then at the bottom of the werewolf ladder, there are rouges. These rouges are the lowest of the low, and they are almost always killed on sight. My dad's job in the pack is the alpha. So being his oldest son I will become the alpha when he steps down. So in order to learn how to run the pack I had to take a half of a year off of school. So that is how I am still in senior year. Not that I could tell the principal what I was doing, she thought I was just living it up partying somewhere instead of working my tail off. Usually the alpha takes over the pack at the age of 18, as long as they have found their mate, however I can't do that yet because I haven't found my mate yet. However I am still looking and I will never stop looking. A mate is a person's soulmate; the person's other half, the person that they will love unconditionally. At least that is what the stories say. I don't believe in all of that fairytale crap. Stuff like love at first sight and unconditional love doesn't exist. The only thing true about those stories is the part where every wolf has a soulmate. It doesn't mean that you have to love them. The only reason I am still looking is because I need my mate in order to become alpha. Otherwise I wouldn't even...

I was interrupted from my train of thought by my best friend opening the door. His grandfather is the beta so we grew up together. He was also held back another year. I don't know where his parents are though.

"Yo, what are you still doing in bed? We have school today and we don't want to be late. I really don't want to be held back again." My best friend Xavier said.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." I said.

So I quickly got dressed and got ready for school. I grabbed a quick breakfast and then I went out to my black Ford Mustang. Xavier was already by the car waiting for me. We both got in and we drove to school. When we got to school we hung out in the parking lot until the bell rang. When Xavier and I walked in, Xavier stopped dead in his tracks, and he started sniffing the air.

"It can't be." He said.

Before I could respond I caught the scent of the most amazing smell of strawberries and flowers, and it was coming from the office. All of a sudden the door swung open and there stood my mate looking down at some papers. It looked like she was new. She was beautiful. She had blonde hair and looked to be about 5 ft 2 or 5 ft 3. Then she accidentally bumped into me. She jumped back at the sparks flying in between us, and then she looked up to meet my eyes. Her blue-green eyes met my hazel ones and all of a sudden it seems like no one else was here. My wolf was only saying one thing right now.

"Mate, Mate, MATE. Go get mate" my wolf Rafe said. Then all of a sudden she blinked and looked away. Then she looked over at Xavier and stiffened. Then faster than I could blink she took off running down the hall. I looked over at Xavier and he looked to be in shock.

"Care to explain?" I asked.

"What, um no, she just looks like she would be really shy." Xavier said.

"Then why do you look shocked." I said

"Oh, that, well I was shocked because it looks like after all of this time you finally found your mate." He said.

"Uh huh." I said disbelievingly.

"Well look at that it's time for class, see you at lunch?" he said.

"Sure but then I want an explanation" I said

Then I walked off to my first hour English.