Chapter 6

Xavier's POV

I can't believe I saw her today! Melody, my little sister, she has grown up so much and looks just like mom. I just can't believe that she doesn't talk anymore. I wonder what could have happened to make it so bad. I shouldn't have left the way I did, but I didn't have a choice. After mom died, it was hard to deal with it. Especially one day when I was being picked on at school because of it. When I came home, I got a phone call from my grandfather. He was my mom's dad so I was just assuming he was calling to offer his condolences. However what he told me was really shocking. It turns out that my mom was a werewolf and I had inherited it from her. Since my mom had beta blood in her, that means I got that as well. Since I was a male and had beta blood I shifted at the age of 16 instead of 18 like normal wolves. Males always shift before females for some reason. Normal male wolves shift at 18, while wolves that have alpha, beta, or third in command blood shift at 16. Normal females shift at 21, but females with alpha, beta, or third in command blood shift at 18. When my grandfather called he told me all about their history, and that he was taking me to live with him. I would take on his last name of Greene, and I would live with his pack. So I left, without ever looking back. My parents apparently never told my grandfather about Melody, so he didn't take her with us. If I had known, I would have asked for her to come with, but by the time I realized she wasn't coming we were already out of California where we were living at the time, and we were already halfway to Vermont. We were in Kansas at that time, and it was too late to turn around for her. There is not a day that goes by that I didn't regret what I did, and that I wondered how she was. She will always be my baby sister and I love her.

I promise Melody, I will make it up to you. I thought to myself.

All of a sudden a snapping noise comes right in my ear with a hand waving in my face.

"Dude, you ok?" My best friend Randal asks.

"What, yeah I am fine, just thinking." I said.

"About Melody?" he asked

"Yeah" I admitted.

All of a sudden I was being lifted up by Randal and he was cutting off my air supply. I looked in his eyes and I saw that his wolf was in control.

"Mine," he growled, "I don't know what your past is with her but you will not think about her or even look at her in a way that will make me jealous ever again."

"Don't worry man, you have got it all wrong, I don't have a crush on her!" I said gasping.

Suddenly Randal released his grip and I fell to the ground gasping for air.

"Geez sorry man, I didn't mean to do that, I just feel very protective and jealous over her." Randal said.

"Hey man no worries, I understand." I said, "I will probably be the exact same way with my mate."

All of a sudden we walked up to a medium sized house, with Melody's scent all over the place.

"This must be the place." Randal said.

All of a sudden we hear a crash, and yelling. We quickly ran to the window and peeked in; and what we saw horrified us.