Chapter 6: Red Roses

The pic above is Atticus 💙😍

So this chapter might confuse you guys...but like I often say, all will be revealed in time. Just be patient. Also go back to the character introduction and try to remember what I said about heats that werewolves go through "hint hint"

Anyways, thank you for everyone that has been commenting, they all mean so much to me and make me smile. Enjoy!

~HarleyVB😘💙

Adrian's POV

We were halfway through our board game when Finn finally came down the stairs.

Danny was throwing cards at Drake's face in anger, only to be slapped with the dice in return. The two were now batting each other's hands, Atticus watching, enthralled in the situation that was at hand.

I viewed the large man carefully, trying to pay close attention to his facial expressions and how he moved his body. He tipped his head back to take a gulp of his soda, setting it back down on the coffee table and then fixing his gaze on Danny. Atticus reminded me of my father. In the way he held himself and the ability to terrify me with just a single look.

Finn made his way down the steps, watching the two bickering like children and then his eyes moving to rest on my face. He smiled softly at me and continued to walk towards the small group, keeping me in his sights.

"Sorry guys, Jasper wanted to clear out some of our stuff before having Adrian sleep in there." he looked towards Shelly, who was clearly looking behind him watching for Jasper. "I see you've met almost everyone." he said, his words directed at me.

"Oh! Yes, I have." I blushed and watched my hand that lazily traced patterns on the soft carpeted floor.

My house had cold concrete floors. I could remember them bashing into my head and grabbing onto me when I came in contact with them.

I stayed stagnant as I waited for Finn to sit down next to me, trying to not look up at his face and focus on something else. He slumped down on to the couch, groaning and rubbing his face with his free hands.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned for his well being.

He turned to face me, grinning widely, swiftly taking my hand in his and pulling me so my legs were draped across his. I stared down at our intertwined hands, shocked at the physical contact and why it wasn't making me panic.

"Atty!" Danny exclaimed loudly, wrapping his arms around his lover's neck and holding securely to him.

"What's wrong, kitten?" he asked, embracing him gently and burying his face in the smaller man's neck.

"Nothing, I just like your hugs." he giggled and pecked Atticus' cheek.

I was caught off guard when Danny sat down on the floor in front of me, smiling brightly and bouncing his knees slightly.