Clothes facts

This one is for the giirrrrrrllllssss.......

Well, actually it is for anyone!

___***___

1. Linen is the oldest continually used fiber for fabric, followed closely by hemp!

2. Wool is exclusively the name for the fiber obtained from sheep, and refers either to the hairy top coat or the soft undercoat of a sheep!

3. Llama, alpaca, cashmere and camel are not wools - they are fine fibers or hairs that can be used like wool!

4. A typical sheep, shorn once per year, yields about three to five pounds of wool!

5. Rayon was invented in the 1880's as a cheap substitude for silk!

6. Yards of cloth were used as a trade item along with tin in ancient Mesopotamia, in exchange for raw wool and silver!

7. Young Roman girls wore a similar band of a color to match their dress on the edge of their pallas, to show they were yet unmarried!

8. The Scots and Italians were known to dye their clothes yellow with a cheap dye and then maintain that it was dyed with costly saffron!

9. The average American owns 7 pairs of blue jeans!

10. The first fashion magazine was published in Germany in 1586!

Thank you for reading!
If you have any suggestions or requests, please comment! I would love to hear them!
Don't forget to vote!
^.^