Ch•9- Multiplying

A/N: This chapter is mainly just dialogue from the film, just a heads up.

       The sun had now gone down, leaving a tiny bit of light over the green fields. Clint's house was lit up with lamps and a warm fire. It was cozy in here, I almost felt comfortable, at home. I sat on the plush couch in the living room which was connected to the kitchen.

       I was sitting with Clints daughter, she was showing me how to braid her Barbie dolls hair even though I already know how to braid. I smiled at her as she twisted the blonde hair. She was practically sitting on my lap.

       Nat was sitting at the kitchen table with Bruce standing beside her. Dad was in the hallway across from the living room, shooting darts at the target. Steve was near me, he was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. Laura was sitting in the arm chair next to the couch, drawing with her son.

       And finally, Nick was making tea and talking "Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing"

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked.

        "He's easy to track" Nick set down his tea cup and started to put together a sandwich on the counter "He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though"

        Dad tossed another dart on the target, missing the middle by a few centimeters "Is he still going after launch codes?" he asked, lifting up another arrow and prepared to throw.

"Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway"

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall
in high school on a dare" Dad boasted.

Nick rolled his eyes "Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that"

"Nexus?" Steve asked.

        "It's the worlds internet center in Oslo" I clarified, using my brain knowledge on all things involving the Internet. Clint's daughter looked up to me as I spoke, not understanding a word that I was saying "Every bit of data flows through there. It's the fastest on Earth"

"So, what did they say?" Clint asked, toying with a dart in his hands

       "He's fixated on the missiles" Nick went on, taking a sip of his steaming drink "But the codes are constantly being changed"

       "By whom?" Dad asked just before Clint tossed the dart right near his face and hit the target. Dad flinched back, giving Clint an annoyed glare. Clint shrugged, doing his best to hide a smile. I rolled my eyes and continued to watch Clint's daughter braid her barbies hair.

"Parties unknown" Nick said simply, answering my Fathers question.

"Do we have an ally?" Nat turned to look at Nick.

       "Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money
to know who it is"

       "I might need to visit Oslo" Dad placed his hands on the hallway walls and leaned forward slightly halfway in to the living room "Find our unknown"

      "Well, this is good times, boss" Nat smiled softly, placing her elbows on the kitchen table "but I was kind of hoping when I saw you you'd have more than that"

        "I do" he gestured to our small southern looking group "I have you" he set his drink down on the counter and rounded the table to stand in the center of the kitchen "Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere. Ears, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up"

       Clint's daughter pulled on my plaid sleeve to gain my attention. I smiled down to her, shooting a thumbs up towards her barbie's finished braided hair. It was a sloppy braid but it was done by an eight year old so I didn't judge too harshly. She beamed at me. I turned back to look at Nick "Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard"

      "Steve doesn't like that kind of talk" Nat raised her red eyebrows sarcastically to Steve who took a deep breath, he'd had enough of this language talk. I smirked, letting out a single chuckle.

"You know what, Romanoff?"

"So, what does he want?" Nick asked our group.

"To become better" Steve answered "Better than us. He keeps building bodies"

       "Person bodies" Dad said, coming to stand near me who was still on the couch. He leaned against the arm rest and went on talking "The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it"

       "When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed" Nat looked between Bruce and Dad. Bruce was coming up to the kitchen table, and was staring at a water color painting of a butter fly drawn by one of the kids

        "They don't need to be protected" Bruce murmured, running his fingers along the yellow wings of the butter fly painting "They need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve"

       "Yea" I titled my head to the side, sliding Clint's daughter off my lab and on to the couch cushion beside me "but, How?"

       Bruce suddenly seemed to realized something, something big "Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

Uh-Oh, not good.