Remus Lupin x Peach

Requested by: Edward_Gluskin

Being named after a fruit wasn't enough to set Peach apart from everyone else, she had to be born a witch. Capable of magic, things she'd grown up thinking were only part of story books.

Wizards had their own story books. There was a line that they drew between their seemingly impossible magic, and what was actually impossible. So Peach ended up a story book character in three books. The book of abnormal names, the book of magic, and the book of psychics. She was the only person she knew who fell into all of those books. Sure you could find someone with a name in two of them, but never three. And never, never, the third book. Never ever did she meet anyone else that was clairvoyant. It was supposedly genetic, and supposedly her distant aunt was burned at the stake for predicting, successfully, the future.

Her skill wasn't of much use, and it wasn't one that could be honed. All she could do was get used to the occasional vision. Maybe a face or a single word or even a memory of an entire day that has yet to happen. They were never as ambiguous as she expected. The connection was always apparent, as visions were triggered by a similar occurrence happening in the present. A reverse deja vu, so to say. What they were triggered by was usually what lead her to her predictions.

On her down time she even learned to read palms, it wasn't as reliable as her own visions, but sometimes even the mention or sight of the lines on someones hands could trigger something. Learning which line meant what was more homework for a class she didn't quite understand yet, mainly because there was no teacher.

Lily never doubted Peach's skills, but preferred not to know about the future. So Peach didn't tell her that the Love Line on her palm perfectly matched James's, or that she'd lose her favorite nail polish in the house she owned with James in the future.

It was that bottle of nail polish that triggered Peach. It was at a party with just a few friends. Remus had invited her, but she had ended up spending the entire time with Lily. They were at the other side of the boys and Lily had stood up to grab her bag. She hopped over the mess that belonged to the boys to get to her purse hanging from the wall. She pulled the bottle from the bag and waved it with a bright smile at Peach. Remus had been looking at Peach then, just by chance. Sirius was chugging a glass of beer.

Peach didn't move. Her eyes fell into darkness and her limbs went limp. Remus's voice was distant in her ears, and the crash of the glass in Sirius's hand set her off again. Two visions happened simultaneously. She could not long keep herself on the chair and fell over onto the floor. She had never felt two visions at once.

An image flashed like static of the nail polish on the floor. It's glass bottle broken, it's contents seeping quietly against the wooden floorboards. It was as though she were watching from the ground, as though she'd fallen over and the bottle landed next to her.

The first vision ended and the second began. Glass was breaking again, but this time she could hear it in her ears like it was the only thing left in the world. Like the echoing in a small box where the echoes have echoes. She was standing this time, looking at a dark silhouette that was standing behind a thick stained glass door. She felt an unexplainable fear and her breath shivered in her throat, her friends could no doubt hear her terrified breathing as she was laying unmoving in the present. Hands raised in front of her face as the glass burst forward. She turned around quickly, unable to stop herself from doing otherwise. She saw the eyes of Lily for only a brief moment before she was covered by the person who's eyes she was seeing through. Lily buried her face into their chest, screaming.

The first vision was back, no different than the last time she saw it but this time more terrifying. She couldn't move her head. The nail polish inched towards her eye. There was no sound, just a silent house. A house that looked like it had been in a hurricane, objects broken and the glowing light of lingering spells. Spells powerful enough to kill. She frantically looked around to find her bearings but the only new thing she could see froze her heart. Hands, splayed out against the floor. Sitting in blood, pale from death. James's hands.