Chapter Twenty Six | Reunited

__________________
Reunited and it feels so good

Reunited 'cause we understood

There's one perfect fit

And, sugar, this one is it

We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey  - Peaches & Herb. (Yes, I took it back to them old school days. tehe.)
__________________

Money

I scratched the back of my head as I sat on this plane, headed back to the place that I called home. This trip was much more peaceful than the one made to come over here. The shit felt priceless honestly, because not only was I going home but I had my princess coming right back along with me. I wasn't even concerned a bit about the gunshot wound I had pending on my leg at this point in time, my daughter resting in my lap is the only thing that mattered to me right now. I'd taken over fifty million bullets in my life time, one more was not going to kill my old ass just yet.

I just knew my wife was about to be super proud of me. I finally did something she asked of me in a timely manner, I was bringing our baby girl home. I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she sees Dolani, that feeling of accomplishment is one that I couldn't wait for. I loved to see my people happy, that was what I loved and what I lived for. To see these things was just a pat on the back for me. It made me feel good about my damn self, shit, better about my damn self. I was already fine as hell, shit it couldn't get no better than that honestly.

"It's official," I said out of the blue to my son who took the seat next to me on the plane. He frowned up his face at my remark and gave me a questioning look. I didn't bother to respond until he finally spoke up and questioned what I'd said.

"What's official?" He asked, with his dumb ass lord bless his little black ass soul. I don't know how in the fuck that child is about to be somebody father, but I wondered the same thing when I was told I had a kid. I didn't have a warning or shit, just a baby that had been unaccounted for a whole ass nine months. That was something I was heated about when I found out, but after looking at the circumstances and seeing all that she'd done for me, I couldn't hold it against her.

The mindset I had in my twenties, Domani not gone have until he is forty years old or older. I just hope my first grandchild don't be anything like me or even they dumb ass daddy, that's something I was praying for. I hated to say it, but a father knows his son well. He is a product of me, so I couldn't expect much from him. I wasn't shit, so why would God just up and give me a son of nothing less than not being shit. I knew how it worked and I knew my life would be hell. I gave my moms hell, so it was due for me to get it.

"She not going to college," I spoke after a while, once I had strayed away from my thoughts. Again, he gave me that dumb as look and wanted to question why I was making that decision. Sometimes as a parent you have to make certain decisions for your kids and I was making that decision on behalf of the part of my heart that had been missing while my baby girl was away. I was never letting her go. Graduation? I'm sitting with her. Prom? I'm taking her. Fuck that, school? I'm the damn teacher, ain't no public schooling. I made a C in all my classes, I should be able to teach her some shit to help her make it.

"Why you say that?" He questioned once again.

"Boy, after all of this shit. This girl is never leaving my sight again, ever. You just don't know how hard this has been on yo old man for the past few weeks. I had a wondering mind, all night and day, no peace what so ever, Sleeping not knowing if my daughter could sleep, eating not knowing if my daughter could eat. That's the type of shit I went through on a daily and I ain't having that shit again." I explained to him as I wrapped my arms securely around my baby.