Tell Me When The Whistle Blows - Part Two

Liesel walked Romulus through the common room and asked who the Captain of the quidditch team was and she approached him. "Hey? You're Jones, right?"

"Yes," the freckled ginger-headed boy said and he looked up from his playbook.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

The seventh year looked up and eyed the pretty new girl along with her dog and nodded. "Certainly...I'm sorry, what's your name again?"

"Liesel Rhodes, listen, I've just heard a disturbing announcement..."

"Oh?"

"About the game tomorrow..."

The boy smiled. "Yeah, without Black, we actually have a shot at winning..."

Liesel nodded. "Yeah. Ummm...about that. I just heard that he's back on the team."

"When did you hear that?"

"Just now."

"Yeah, he was with me when I was walking my dog."

"Oh yeah, I'd heard that he had a new girlfriend." He rolled his eyes. "So you're the girl-du-jour, huh? Damn. I knew the man moved fast, but this is unprecedented even for him!"

"Huh?"

"Yeah, word gets around. Prepare yourself to be hated by every girl in the school." He smiled sympathetically as his co-captain chuckled behind her. She turned around to find his eyes on her rear end and she snapped her fingers and raised her brow at him

"FOCUS!" She rolled her eyes. "The match?"

"I don't believe it," Jonson said.

"You'd better or you guys are gonna get killed on the pitch tomorrow!"

Jones' face lost all color and his eyes grew large at having heard her words and seeing her head nod. "You're serious, aren't you?"

"No. I'm just his girlfriend apparently." She put her hands on his hips.

"Oh no."

"I'm sorry to have had to tell you, but I thought you should know.  I'd hate to have to watch my House team to bumble around like a bunch of idiots on the pitch. At least this way, you can prepare, even if it's just a little bit?"

"Oh yeah...prepare to get our arses handed to us on a golden platter," he replied sullenly.

"But I saw you guys the other day on the pitch..."

The boy looked into her eyes and shook his head.

"Hey look, the team I saw was fluidic and cohesive. Be that team tomorrow! You never know...you might just give them a run for their money!" Liesel smiled.

The Captain nodded his head and rose quickly to gather the members of his team for an emergency meeting. Liesel made a point to listen in and felt the bottom fall out of her stomach when she overheard that they decided the best defense was a good offense...they were going to take Black out early in the match.

_____

Sirius was unusually sullen as he returned to the Gryffindor common room followed closely by James beneath his invisibility cloak and Wormtail who had been skirting the stone walls. Sirius muttered the current password and the painting swung wide open for him. He walked in on a celebration and as the guest of honor, he was rushed at the door by Remus with a tankard of his favorite, Ogden's Old Fire whisky. As the crowd became quiet at having seen his expression upon his entrance, he heard his favorite music blasting through a set of handcrafted speakers...ACDC.