Chapter 6

K A T E

When I got back to my dorm later that night, I ran into one of my roommates, Rosie Smith. I only met her the day before, but her first impression gave a huge impact on me. She had blonde hair and amazing dark brown eyes. When we first met Rosie showed me incredible kindness that no other person had really given me after they found out my last name.

"Oh, hello Katheryn. How are you doing. You know, with being chosen and all." She greeted whilst walking with me to our room. I opened the door and walked over to my bed, getting out my night clothes.

"Well it was a surprise that's for sure. I don't really know what happened, I didn't even want to put my name in." I replied, removing my robes and basically jumping into my nightgown.

"Do you think you'll be able to win? I think you will, there's something about you that screams power. Either way, I'll be rooting for you."

"You'd be the first. I think everyone's too busy rooting for Cedric and calling Harry Potter and I cheats. But, I'm glad at least one person believes in me, even if I don't even believe in myself." I huffed and scrambled under my bed covers. "To be honest, I feel as though everyone's judging me because of my name. I knew that people would do that, it's why I was scared to come here."

"You don't need to be scared Katie. I'll be your friend, we'll be best friends." Rosie assured me, also getting into bed.

"Katie? I've never been called that before." I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, it'll be my nickname for you. What do you think?"

"I like it. Thank you Rosie, for everything."

"Your welcome. Now come on, time to sleep. You have and interview in the morning." She beamed and turned off her lamp. I did the same and buried my head in the pillow, drifting off to sleep.

◙ ◙ ◙

The next day Rosie and I were walking to where I had to have my picture taken with the other champions. My shivering body was a clear sign to Rosie that I was nervous. Never before had I been on the front page of the Daily Prophet.

"It'll be fine. You're a beautiful, strong independent woman and whatever they say about you in the interview will all be good things." She encouraged, holding onto my shoulders as we stopped infront of the door I was supposed to go in.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. I can do this. I can do this." I repeated, pushing the door open and walking in.

"Good luck." Rosie said from behind me. "I'll be waiting for you."

Once I was inside, I spotted Cedric standing ready for the photo. The journalist hurried over and dragged me with her to place me next to him.

"You're late!" She accused and rushed over to the camera. The picture was taken and a puff of smoke came out of it.

"What a charismatic quintet." Rita breathed as she walked closer. "Hello. I'm Rita Skeeter." She shook Cedric's hand first, then mine and the rest of the champions. "I write for the Daily Prophet. But of course you know that, don't you? It's you we don't know. You're the juicy news."

She patted both Fleur's and I's cheeks as she said, "What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks?" She then patted them and continued: "What mysteries do the muscles mask?" Rita made her way behind Harry and Cedric and ruffled Cedric's hair. "Does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick? 'Me, Myself and I' want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So who's up to sharing?"

No one answered so Rita just sighed and said: "Shall we start with the youngest? Lovely." She then proceeded to grab Harry Potter and take him out of the room.

It was now my turn for an interview and I got up when my name was called. Rita Skeeter walked infront of me and led me into a small room to begin the questions. I took a seat, as did she and I noticed that instead of her getting ready to write down what was to be said, the notebook and quill were floating by themselves.

"Don't worry about that. Down to business. So, a girl of seventeen with no last name. Are you ready to compete against four other students?" She began. My nerves were beginning to grow again as she waited for my answer.

"I hadn't really thought about it actually. I suppose I am."

"Tell me Katheryn, why do you think you were chosen? People are saying you cheated." Rita questioned, leaning forward.

"Well, I think it was for a reason. One that I don't know quite yet, but I will find out soon. And as for the cheating part, how could I have cheated? I am of age and I didn't even put my name into the Goblet."

"Very well. So, there's a rumour around that you can do wandless magic. Is it true? If so, do you plan on using it in the challenges?"

"Yes, it's true I can do wandless magic and I know how rare it is, but apparently I was born with it so it's not like I can do anything about it. And honestly I don't know if I will use it. If it's not against the rules then there is nothing to stop me from doing so, but if it is then I will obey them."

"What about your eyes? Why are they so golden? Do you think it's to do with the fact that you have no clue who your real parents are or where you came from? Why has no-one known about you for the past sixteen years?" She kept throwing questions that I didn't know the answers to and I started to stumble over my own words.

"I-I don't know. How does this have anything to do with the tournament?" I asked, fiddling with my fingers down at my sides.

"Of course it doesn't, but everyone is dying to know and we couldn't get a hold of Severus Snape. Speaking of your parents...Do you think they are alive and saw you on the news? How do you think they would feel? Proud? Or concerned that you entered into the tournament and could die at any moment?"

"I didn't enter." I exclaimed, bringing my hands up and pointing at her. My eyes began burning, so I closed them quickly.

"What was that? What happened to your eyes? Does it always happen when you get angry?"

"I don't think I should answer any more questions Ms. Skeeter. I'll be going now." I announced and walked out of the door.

◙ ◙ ◙

As I stormed out the building, I went straight passed Rosie and across the grounds. She shouted my name and quickly caught up with me.

"What's wrong Katie? Did something happen?" She asked, grabbing my arm and making me stop. Rosie then pulled my face up so our eyes could meet and I sighed.

"That Journalist thinks that she can ask me all about my life and basically insult me about my parents! Who does she think she is?" I complain.

"Oh dear. Come on let's get some food and then go back to the Slytherin dorm."

We did just that and when we got back to our room, the sky was dark and lit with stars. On my bed was a newspaper and the headline was of Harry Potter. I flipped the page over and on the second page was me. I read the fist few lines before I threw it to the other side of the room with my wandless magic.

Katheryn Snape and the Triwizard cup

Katheryn Snape, age seventeen...suspect entrant in the Triwizard Tournament. Quick to anger at the mention of her mysterious parents and glowing gold eyes of rage.

"What was that?" Rosie questioned, looking over to where I had thrown the paper.

"Read it and find out." I snapped and jumped into my bed, hiding under the covers.

I could hear her walk over and read what it said. After she was done, she sighed and placed it on a table before climbing into her own bed.