Chapter 11

Randal POV

I left the room to let her get some sleep. However I would always try to remain close by in case she needed me. I was thinking over everything that Mel and Xavier have said. It was so confusing; I couldn't believe that her father would abuse her enough that she would go mute because of it. I couldn't believe how brave she was to last that long. She is so strong it makes me proud to have her as my mate; and now she knows that we are mates. There was one thing that confused me though. If Xavier and I were talking softly, how was she able to hear us? No ordinary human would be able to hear, and even a werewolf would have a little difficulty to hear us. I mean it wasn't impossible for a werewolf to hear, but she is clearly human.

Well maybe Mel is a werewolf too? I mean her brother is, so it would make sense. My wolf suggested.

Maybe, I responded, we should probably go and ask her, and see if she has any other characteristics of our kind.

As I was thinking this I started walking back to her room from down the hall.

"Hey Mel, do you mind if I ask you a few ques...." I started to say when I walked in.

However when I looked at the bed I saw that she was gone, in fact she wasn't anywhere to be seen; so I quickly ran down the hall to the nurse's desk.

"Have you seen Mel?" I asked the nurse, "She is not in her room."

"No, I haven't!" said the nurse, "but why don't we check the security cameras to make sure she is alright, she might have just gotten lost."

So we checked the security cameras, and I looked closely. What I saw shocked me.

There was Melody and she had snuck past the nurse's counter and walked right out the front door. What bothered me the most, however, was that either no one saw her or tried to stop her. It made me so angry, but most of all worried because I didn't know where she could have gone.

"I am going to go look for her. She could be hurt!" I said, "If my father asks where I am tell him I have gone after my mate, I have gone to keep her safe, and I promise to be careful."

"Yes sir" the nurse said.

With that I took off looking for my mate. The only problem was that I wasn't sure where she could have gone. I guess I will start at her house.

"Don't worry Melody; I'm coming, please be safe." I said.

So I ran off in search of my mate, my Mel.