Chapter 15: Nowhere!

Evelyn's POV

I heard a few hard knocks and then the banging! Who is it?!

"You!"

"You!"

I heard two familiar voices at the same time. Oh oh! Shit!

"What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" I heard them ask each other again at the same time as I ran down the stairs.

Oh God why?! She stood there glaring at him and for the first time I saw Nick being speechless. She was assessing him from head to toe noticing his shirt. Those missing buttons which flew away as I tore his shirt apart. And his tousled hair. Ugh!

"Aaaah... come in." He finally said and she took a quick look of the living room. I knew it. I was just packing everything; it might look to her as though...... we were doing... 'stuff'? Here in the living room. Well that's what it looks like with all the things thrown on the floor. Most of the things were fallen or broken. Isn't it embarrassing!? I think I should make myself known as Nick stood awkwardly behind her.

I came forward with a sheepish smile. Oops! She already seems angry...

"Bitch! You didn't tell me anything!" She was screaming at me. And remember she rarely does that. All I could do was play with my fingers trying to hide my smile. Nick being the gentleman that he is, moved away from us trying to give us some space. I quickly pulled her to a room and locked it. "Explain" she said folding her arms across her chest.

But this time I came up with nothing but silence. She's my best friend. In fact the only true relative in my life. Not even Nick. Uncle Roger, I mean her dad treated me like his daughter. We were to support each other as sisters if any problem were to come in our life. But now.... I don't want to involve her in any of my problems. "What happened Kate? Are you and Nick like.. like together? Or are you still going out? And when did all this start? At the club that night?" She asked curiously. Looking at her now all her anger seems to have dissipated and all I could see on her face is worry. Seems to me that we are both in the same situation. I can see that she is in the same dilemma as I am.

I need to be truthful to her. For once. Because without telling her, even I can't live with peace. She needs to know at least some part of the truth.
"I myself don't know when and where it started Carr. It just happened. I don't even know what we are." I snorted remembering something and continued "We definitely are not together. Are we seeing each other? I don't know. May be yes. I don't know what he'll say to that. It's hard to guess" I said, and she nodded in understanding. At least to some extent I told her what's happening in my life. Though we're together, we still don't have each other. But.... "What are you doing here? I didn't think you'd be here... I mean you've kind of disappeared since you met Daniel...." I asked.

Oh oh. Now she seemed guilty. Not just her but we've both disappeared on each other. Just here and there talks with Sophia Aunty, her mom but other than that nothing. "I'm so sorry Kate... I didn't even realise that. I just needed you today. I didn't know where and who to go to. I remembered you and I just came here without thinking for a moment. I know I sound selfish; I came here only when I needed you... I wasn't there for you. I miss you... I don't even know how Mom and Dylan are. I just speak to them once in a while." She said with guilt.

She doesn't have to feel guilty for staying with her guy. He kept his promise. And looks after her family like his own. "Oh, don't worry about them. I spoke to your mom that day. She said that your lover boy is really sweet and that he has been paying Dylan's school's fees. Her account is filled every month. He sends men to check on them regularly and oh! He gifted your Mom her favourite car so that she doesn't have to take a cab every time cause last time, he saw her walking and waiting for a bus he got seriously angry. He takes care of them like they are his own family."
I said trying to seem excited to cheer her up. While she was flabbergasted at the revelation. I thought she knew. Her man is such a sweetheart.