XXVII

Listen while you read:
The Neighbourhood - Daddy Issues

________________________________

The next morning Dinah awoke not to the sweet scent of food, but to the sounds of gagging. Dinah woke up and seen the bright early sun pouring into their room. She turned to see Normani still fast asleep and softly kissed her exposed shoulder before getting up to grab her clothes. The Californian fixed her shirt as she walked out of the room to find the source of the sound. As she descended from the stairs, she could hear more of it. Once Dinah made it into the living room she could see Lauren bent over the sink as Camila held her hair up. Outside hunched over a fake plant was Calum who was regretting his decisions of last night while Lucy patted his back. Ian was also throwing up in a fake plant while Janel comforted the young man, rubbing his back. Suddenly, Ally burst through the doors carrying water bottles and gave one to each of them.

"Partying that hard wasn't such a good idea now was it?" Dinah smiled.

"Shut up, DJ." Lauren said from the kitchen.

Dinah was later joined by Normani who came out and hugged the Polynesian from behind and kissed her neck lightly. Dinah turned her head and rested it against Normani's that rested on the Californians shoulder.

"Good morning, Mani tsunami." Dinah chuckled.

The Texan was quick to hide her smile in the crook of Dinah's neck, "You're not gonna let that go, huh?"

"You completely ruined the bed sheets. Lucky I took them off quick enough so it wouldn't soak into the bed otherwise we would have slept on the floor." She giggled softly.

Normani wanted to change the subject as soon as she could and looked up at the three friends who leaned against objects to throw up into, "What's for breakfast?!" She yelled happily.

That word alone was enough to make the three throw up again. Ally shot a disapproving look at the two women.

"Could you do us a favor and catch something really quick?" Ally asked.

"On it." Normani said grabbing her Browning high-power pistol and placing a silencer on it.

"I'll go with you." Dinah said.

The short Texan look at her sick friends and cringed, "I'm tagging along!" Ally said as she practically ran out the door.

Calum wiped his mouth after taking a drink of water, "Lucy, you go too."

"No, I'm staying with you. Janel, you go." The short haired woman insisted while Calum smiled up at her.

"I'm taking care of Ian." Janel argued.

"No, it's okay. Go, I'm going to lay down and hug a trash can anyway." Ian said walking up the stairs and into the rooms as Ally made her way out, grabbing her black handle machete.

"Let's go lay down too, Cal, you've had a tough morning." Lucy said helping the Australian up the stairs.

"Lauren, do you wanna lay down?" Camila asked rubbing her back.

"Can you just sit with me on the couch?" Lauren asked with hopeful eyes.

Camila nodded and walked Lauren to the couch where they both slumped onto it. Lauren rested her head on Camila's chest almost instantly and wrapped her arms around the youngest Floridian. Camila hesitantly wrapped an arm around the green eyed woman and rested her body against Lauren's.

It was this that Camila knew what she wanted from Lauren. She craved small moments like this with the raven haired woman. The only problem was that it was out of the fact that Lauren just wanted some fun. Camila just wished that Lauren would feel the same way, but things didn't work like that. If she had to wait for Lauren, then she would. A girl like Lauren only came around once in a lifetime. Camila knew that lauren was worth it. She was worth the wait.